Low abc count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low abc count

Hello, I have been on Tecfidera for 6 months now. It seems like my wbc count keeps dropping. Just had my 6 Month blood drawn last week and now it is 3.8 (at 3 months it was 4.3). My neuro wants me to get another lab drawn in 3 weeks. Otherwise I am doing fine on this drug - it just seems like my labs are all out of range. I don't want to go back to shots. Has anyone experienced this and what are some questions I should be asking my neuro if in 3 Weeks my wbc goes even lower? I did some reading on how to try to increase my wbc and it said to take vitamin c and zinc. So I am trying that too. Thank you for any info or suggestions.

Hi Kippur,

Have you had your 3 week followup draw yet? You mentioned your 6 month WBC was down from your last draw @ 3 months. As others have mentioned, Tec is supposed to lower our counts thus allowing our immune systems to hopefully slow down also (hopefully slowing our MS too) Are our lymphocytes down also?

My lymphocytes have gone down since I've been taking Tec but right now seem to have stayed steady at an acceptable number - although it is below normal. I haven't had any infections and otherwise feel ok.

There is a thread start under Tecfidera, I believe it's entitled Risk of PML http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...97#post1466597

Marco, Myoak & others have contributed a lot of helpful information regarding PML. There's information under the Tysabri forum also.

Please let us know how you're doing and if Tec is still on option for you.

Bree

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...97#post1466597

Comment

UNDER CONFIRMED PML

Some information in Tecfidera forum under Confirmed PML (not Risk of PML)

Comment

I've been on Tec for 18 months now and my WBC and lymphs have been steadily declining the last 5-6 months. I am waiting for JCV results now and am having blood work every 30-60 days right now. After the first of the year, when my Health Savings Account is funded again, I will go in to discuss with my Neuro.

I did bring my WBC count back up by taking high doses of vitamin C and zinc so I am back on them again.

I'll have an MRI in May at the 2 year mark to see if the Tec has been working

Comment

Working...
        X