Took 2 240 doses at once by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took 2 240 doses at once by mistake!

Due to lack of sleep and just not paying attention, I mistakenly took 2 of my 240mg pills at once this morning. Kicking myself right now Has anyone ever done this? I am supposed to go to a cookout later today but am thinking of canceling. I assume the flushing an stomach pain will just be a lot worse. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same. Ugh.

2 240mg by mistake

Never did that. I have the pill box from biogen where I put all the pills in for the week. I highly recommend this pill case. You probably will be okay but a quick call to your neurologist would be a good idea. You could also try calling into the tecfidera nurse but I usually find them useless.
    Keep us posted.

Pill box link.....http://www.tecfidera.com/support/reminder-tool.html

Comment

I did that once a few months back. Somehow I wasn't thinking and got it mixed up with another medication I take...one in which I take 2 pills of and not 1. Well, I apparently thought the Tec was the other medication and took 2 of the 240 pills. Once I realized what I had done I was freaking out. Nothing really happened though.

I think you should be fine, but please call your doc just to be on the safe side! Everyone reacts differently to this medication.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
      ― Helen Keller

Comment

I did that a few weeks ago and did fine. I skipped the next dose obviously. Hope you're feeling okay!

Comment

I actually have a pill box, which made me feel even worse, for making the mistake. Nothing actually happened! I was shocked because I usually get 20 min of flushing mid-day. But I made sure to stay extra hydrated today and was fine. But I will NEVER do this again, given how much I was freaking out this morning!!!!

Comment

Did you call your doc or MS Active Source to find out what you should do? Are you feeling okay?

Comment

I read about it before I started taking it, in one trial there was a treatment arm with 3x daily dosing but it didn't impact the disease any more than 2x a day.

Comment

Working...
              X