Swallowing this Thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swallowing this Thing?

I can't believe how big these are! I thought with dysphagia as a common MS symptom these pills would be a big as two pieces of rice max. Of course you can't grind them or chew them.

Rather like swallowing a mini maraca, huh?

Comment

I love the Maraca effect!

Yes! Just like a mini maraca! In fact (just incase anyone is interested in joining a rhythm band) just pinching the Tecfidera between your fingers and shaking is not nearly as dramatic as cupping it in your palm and gently closing your hand. Now give a good shake! Much more effective

Gotta get your entertainment where you can...
      Dx - Jan 2005
      1st Symptoms - Dec 2004
      Currently treatment - Tefidera (6/14) & LDN (4/09)
      Past treatments: Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Solumedrol IV, Prednisone

Comment

At least they're a pretty color (at least my 13 year old thinks so!)
        Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by dyin_myelin View Post
          I can't believe how big these are! I thought with dysphagia as a common MS symptom these pills would be a big as two pieces of rice max. Of course you can't grind them or chew them.
          DyinMyelin, I didn't see a reply on your other note in the Tysabri section. Did Biogen provide the drug to you on its assistance program or free? I thought providers were supposed to do that for those with insurance issues. What is the charity (?) system they set you up with?

Comment

Hello dyin myelin,

I also switched from Ty to Tec. because of being jcv+.
            I have been on Tec. a year and have done very well.

Wishing you success with Tec.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeMetal View Post
              DyinMyelin, I didn't see a reply on your other note in the Tysabri section. Did Biogen provide the drug to you on its assistance program or free? I thought providers were supposed to do that for those with insurance issues. What is the charity (?) system they set you up with?
              Hi OM,

I'm not really sure, there's a pharmacy in TX that called and asked for my information, and then scripted the Tec. at no cost. Funny thing is, the original pharmacy that was going to fill the prescription called. I said that my insurance denied it. They called and did their own investigation, and BCBS explained they didn't do prescriptions. I said we had a separate prescription plan and I gave them the info plus extension to specialty rx. The pharmacy said it was maybe a discount plan, but I insisted it was our p. plan. They're waiting to hear back, but I know Biogen had this information too.

Comment

Well, looks like our prescription plan will, in fact, cover the Tecfidera. Do you think that Biogen will share the honorarium with me?

Comment

Working...
                X