Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it the Tec making me foggy? Or is it MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the Tec making me foggy? Or is it MS?

I had no symptoms of MS until an optic neuritis flare in August/September of 2013. That's when the diagnosis came. I started Tec in January 2014.

Lately, I've felt like I'm either getting dumber or am just have brain fog issues. It's sometimes hard for me to explain something that I've just read, or to answer questions at work about something I did the week before. I *never* had these issues before this year. Now, granted, I've never been one to expound on something I learned in a textbook, but lately I just feel like I am having issues communicating. People who have all of this background knowledge on things and can talk about it forever....I'm not and haven't been one of those people.

Is this the Tec? Or is it the cog-fog people talk about when they have MS? It's freaky and causing me a bit of self-confidence doubt.

I'm thinking of going back to acupuncture for help. Any advice? Experience?
    Thanks!

I had an Awful time with Tec and brain fog And fatigue. We decided to stop it for three weeks and guess what, I felt so much better.

So now we are starting again to rule out the possibility that I was having a flare that causes the symptoms.
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Please let me know how it goes! Wishing the best for you.

Comment

Tecfidera can certainly have a rough start, but the majority of patients still do well on it. It's pretty common to have start up issues with a medication as your body gets use to it. I am sensitive to medications and often "fail" them due to tolerability issues. Knowing that, my neurologist prescribed an entire month at the 120 mg dose. A year later I am still on Tecfidera and doing well. I am relieved to finally be on a medication that I tolerate well and also respond to the benefits. With any medication you have to balance the side effects with the benefits.

I'm glad your neurologist is working with you through this. Please let us know how things work out.
        Are you trying to take the normal precautions of premedication or eating with Tecfidera?

I personally did well on acupuncture for pain and spasticity. Reducing my pain level also helped my overall mood and stress levels. I also got great sleep during the treatment which was a big bonus.

Comment

I restarted after my three week Tec vacay and it with only three doses do the lower dose in my system, the fog, fatigue, and numbness returned. So next step would seem to be Rituxan.
          Melissa Goerke
          [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Working...
          X