Tecfidera is a funny word!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera is a funny word!!!

So my 4 year old was listening to me as I refilled my script the other day. At swimming lessons, he was running ahead of me for the door of the Y chanting, "Tecfidera! Tecfidera!"

At least it makes somebody happy. LOL

LOL - I can just imagine your little one skipping/running/marching to the tune of Tecfidera! Learning a new word must be fun for a 4 year old.

Thanks for the great laugh
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Adorable! And not so helpful if you're trying not to advertise what's up and he's chanting this in front of someone "in he know" lol. I truly love four year olds ../ the awe and wonder is still there . (And truthfully I don't even know how to pronounce it -- I've only seen it written!

Comment

My Neuro does not pronounce or spell it corectly. He spells it "Tecdifera" and pronounces it the same way.... Should I be worried?

Comment

Aren't 4 year olds just precious? . Just love their energy and take on the world! At one time, I taught that age group.

Originally posted by aspen View Post
          (And truthfully I don't even know how to pronounce it -- I've only seen it written!
          It's pronounced tek-fi-dare-a (short e - short i- long a - short a, I think the strongest accent is on "tech", with the next accent on "dare"?). Hope you can figure out what I mean ...

Anyways, another way you can find how it's pronounced is if you go to YouTube. Just enter this title, "What You Need To Know About Tecfidera" , and you'll find an MS Learn Online video clip about Tecfidera, where you can hear how Dr. Bruce Cohen pronounces the drug. (Sorry, but with my tablet I can't copy the link so I can paste it here.)
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you for the pronounciation help, Kimba. I've been placing the accent on the "fed" ...

Comment

Originally posted by bucsfan65 View Post
              My Neuro does not pronounce or spell it corectly. He spells it "Tecdifera" and pronounces it the same way.... Should I be worried?
              LOL! I don't think anyone knows that much about it really. We are kind of like pioneers!
              Tawanda

Comment

Carmark in OK pronounces it "tec (eh) - fi (like fiddle) dare - uh.

My 4 year old puts the accent on the Tec. TECfidera! TECfidera! LOL

Comment

Working...
                X