Anyone have thrush on Techfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have thrush on Techfidera

Just wondering if anyone got thrush while taking Tec? I have not tried any other med as I was only diagnosed in April 2014. I have stopped and stated Tec twice and got the same infection in my mouth... Sore throat and tongue with white patches. I know I had it because my neuro took a culture of my tougue and it tested positive for thrush. She also contacted the drug company and let them know but so far this is not a reported side effect.
    Jenn

*Raises Hand*

I've been on Tech for about 7 months now and I have had 2 official cases of thrush. One around a month after and now just developed a pretty horrible case of it. I should note that this time is also after a second round of solumedrol -5 days then 5 more 3 wks later.
    Growing up I used inhalers and docs always warned of thrush and the importance of rinsing inhalers. I was terrified of it.. always really careful. Well Its as bad as I thought it would be heh. Worse actually. Did things clear up for you?
    "I never sleep on planes. I don't want to get incepted"

Comment

infection

It isn't surprising that you get an infection. Thrush is a form of an infection.

Pane,

Thrush is especially common after steroids.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
      X