Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tecfidera and stinkier than normal poop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and stinkier than normal poop!

I know poop doesn't smell like roses normally, but my Tecfidera poops are definately stinkier than my non-Tecfidera poops. Sorry to gross anyone out. It's not the end of the world or anything but I was just curious if it was just me, or if anyone else has experienced this lovely side-effect !
    Tawanda

Now that is a side effect you don't frequently see on the warning labels
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Originally posted by nosrepmodnar View Post
      Now that is a side effect you don't frequently see on the warning labels
      LOL! My Dad used to clear the house when he did number 2...maybe it is a family curse. My mantra has always been if you have to go, go, but since this drug, I am more selective about when and where even though I know it is not healthy to "hold it".
      Tawanda

Comment

Without going into too much personal detail there has been . . . a change for me as well. I am definitely having GI problems and I figured this was all part of letting my system adjust.

I'm glad we both seem to have a good sense of humor about this side effect!

Comment

I haven't noticed a funkier scent, but hey, if you cant talk about it here, where can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Alicious View Post
            I haven't noticed a funkier scent, but hey, if you cant talk about it here, where can you?
            Nowhere!! It is still my little secret and I want it to stay that way.

I am kind of panicking, though. Our annual 4th of July family get-together is coming up. We hang with a ton of people from morning to sundown in one small old cottage on the ocean. There is only one little bathroom located off the kitchen of all places (oh, the humanity)! I will definitely stay away from the beer!!

I just think the stink is the unloading of the toxic bi-products of a powerful drug and probably a good thing. To quote the character, Shrek, "Better out than in, that's what I always say!"
            Tawanda

Comment

Have you ever seen the commercial for Poo-Pourri? Google it, and watch the YouTube commercial if you want. It's hysterical--and if the product works, hey, you have a solution for your get together.

Comment

Changes because of meds

It's logical that things change in the gut when certain meds are taken. I'm glad you brought it up.
                I have my own theory of how this med might work and tweaking the natural makeup of flora living in the small intestine may be how it works to reign the immune response in a bit.

Pack plenty of matches so you can burn a couple after each number 2 trip you have to make. The wood stick matches work best!

:-)

Comment

BetosVrod and Alicious

Thanks for the good advice! Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying with this here MS thing-ey!
                  Tawanda

Comment

I tried not to answer but I just can't help myself! Absolutely!! And extra gaseous - that's extra stinky too!!!

Comment

probiotics?

A friend told me that probiotics help with smelly poop and gas. Anyone had success with this?
                      Symptoms: 2009
                      Dx: August 2013
                      Extavia: Aug 2013-Feb 2014, Tecfidera: June 27, 2014-Today
                      RNY Gastric Bypass: 07/2007, 130#s lost and never found again

Comment

if dietary change

If you are adding milk products to your diet or changing your diet with the tecfidera, then, that too, can add to the odoriferous change.
                        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't take Tec but if Aubagio doesn't work then Tec is where I'm headed. So I lurk here occasionally.

I have to say thank you to Alicious because I'd never heard of Poo-Pourri so I of course had to google it and watch the commercial. HYSTERICAL! I might actually buy some for my husband!

Comment

Originally posted by October22 View Post
                            In the interest of full disclosure, I don't take Tec but if Aubagio doesn't work then Tec is where I'm headed. So I lurk here occasionally.

I have to say thank you to Alicious because I'd never heard of Poo-Pourri so I of course had to google it and watch the commercial. HYSTERICAL! I might actually buy some for my husband!
                            This thread has been keeping me in hysterics! I feel like a 3 year old laughing so much about poo-poo!
                            Tawanda

Comment

Since this topic has come up and we're not afraid to discuss such personal information, has anyone noticed sticky poop in addition to stinky? I'm wishing we were more like the Europeans and had bidets available for better cleansing of the area.

Okay, I'll just spit it out, my poops seem to be very sticky on Tec, almost like tar, which makes it very difficult to get the area clean. This has led to excessive wiping which leads to very irritated tissues, very uncomfortable. So now I have to keep baby wipes handy and they have to be baby wipes without alcohol. Let me just say, the ones with alcohol are not pleasant on irritated tissues!

My new friend are the medicated wipes with witch hazel which can burn some but do seem to help things heal up faster after a bad irritation episode. Having to "go" at work is definitely no fun! I wonder if I can get a note from my Doc that says I need to go home to "go"?

Man, the things we have to deal with!

Comment

Working...
                              X