tecfidera and skin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tecfidera and skin problems

About a month ago I asked if anyone on tefidera developed raised red bumps on their legs. I did and was being treated by my dermatologist. These bumps were very stubborn to most forms of topical lotions. Finally my neurologist had me stop the tefidera. Within 3 weeks most of these annoying bumps are gone. I plan to stat up on tecfidera within the next few weeks. Anyone have a similar experience?

I think tecfidera is a very tolerable medication overall. Hope to restart soon.

I have those on the back of my rt. knee, but never thought it was from Tek. I thought maybe psoriasis.

Comment

skin problems

How long have you been on the tecfidera shalimar? These bumps started about 4 weeks in on the medication. Very hard, raised bumps. Never saw these before. I think lots of people have these but don't mention it to their neurologist. My neurologist was stunned to learn that these started to fade out shortly after discontinuing the tecfidera. Will try again although I am not looking forward to this skin problem again.

Comment

getting to look like an old hag...since starting Tecfidera

Since starting Tecfidera in October my skin has dried out and No matter what I do it's aged me 10 years. Anyone else having this issue? I am getting a few new symptoms but I don't know if I would even on something else. I had developed an allergy to Copaxone after taking it for 8 years.

Comment

skin problems

My dermatologist recommended that I moisturize with cetaphil lotion. I think tecfidera dries the skin out significantly. The dry skin causes these bumps to occur.

Comment

Working...
          X