Research Study Tecfidera, Gilenya, Arbagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research Study Tecfidera, Gilenya, Arbagio

In April I will have my last Tysabri infusion. 30 days later I will switch to Arbagio.

The DMT switch from Ty to Arbagio is part of a research study of the 3 oral MS meds, Tecfidera, Gilenya and Arbagio. It's to compare effectiveness of the meds, but also because the 2 doc presented the same proposal requesting very close screening of MS patients.

The study consist of monthly 3D-MRIs, blood work to screen for those ineligible for Arbagio and monthly? blood work and MS Neuro office visit, and cost of Arbagio.

There are 2 MS clinics included in the study, Harvard and my MS clinic doc.

I'm real apprehensive about stopping Ty, but my doc's practice is going in another DMT direction it seems.

I would like to hear from anyone who is or will be participating in this study. I assume wer're a small group represented here because of the limited scope of the study.
    Anyone else participating in this study?

oh that sounds really interesting. Is there an NCT number or anything? How could I learn more about that?

Comment

JulesvdB, I don't know the NCT number, but there is a site included in my paperwork for info, www.clinicaltrials.gov. I haven't accessed the site yet, but probably searching the site for a study associated with Aubagio might help you with the NCT number and provide additional details.

I know only 2 MS centers are participating in the study. One is associated with the Harvard MS Center, and the second is the Providence Brain and Spine Institute. The two MS center doc's presented study proposals that were very similar (monthly 3d MRIs, etc.), the pharma company approved the study for their respective MS centers. There may be multiple locations included in the study for the respective MS centers.

Comment

Working...
      X