Extra hydration can help with s/e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra hydration can help with s/e

I've seen plenty of threads about the importance of taking Tec with food--my NP swears by peanut butter for stomach problems, applesauce for flushing.

Back in January, when my s/e were at their worst, someone suggested electrolytes. I was downing at least one huge bottle of the zero calorie power drink a day, and it did help.

When I told my NP this, she said I needed to drink more water, especially early in the day. With the way Tec seems to dry us out (eyes, mouth, etc.), that makes sense.

Now when I'm feeling queasy, I question if I ate enough food with my dose, but also if I'm drinking enough water. I hope this helps someone with their transition onto Tec.

I agree. I have also noticed a correlation between hydration and se.
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

Thanks, Think. Good advice. I'm focusing so much on the food to eat with the dosage, that I'm not paying attention to my fluid intake.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I started on yesterday and had a bad batch of flushing with the first pill and woke up in the night itching and took benadryl. I was told to take a baby aspirin everyday to help with flushing so we shall see.

I am already feeling like the side effects are not worth the medicine so I will try hydrating more and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X