Fingernails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingernails?

Maybe a silly question in the big scheme of things but I am just curious! Has anyone noticed their fingernails/toenails even hair growing faster since starting Tecfidera?

Not yet, but that would be a side effect I could deal with!

Comment

Hi! I clicked in to this thread because I'm searching to see if anyone is having problems with dry, brittle nails and crazy dry hair. That's what I'm experiencing, but don't know if it's a Tecfidera thing or not. Everything else is going ok with me thought, I would love some quick hair and nail growth - fingers crossed!

Comment

Now I have to change my story. toenails still growing fast but now my fingernails seem like yours --- breaking all the time!!! And hair oh my gosh I always had really really straight and thin hair. Not so much anymore! Frizzy and dry for sure. But I am also suspecting age and gray may have a lot to do with it too. But blaming it on the Tecfidera is so much easier than blaming it on age!!!

Comment

I have had issues with dryness of my hair, skin, and eyes since I started Tec. I also have increased ridging of my fingernails and these strange red lines across my nailbeds. Going to make an appointment with my GP about it as my neuro says he has no idea.

Comment

My one fingernail was splitting from the tip all the way down to the base so my daughter suggested I try biotin and after 3 weeks it has stopped. Been on Tek 10 months

Comment

My hair and nails are sec growing faster. I'm just entering month three. My skin is so dry!! Like flaky. Had to get diff moisturizer!
              Melissa Goerke
              [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Brittle Fingernails

Since I started using Tecfidera, my fingernails are dry, brittle (I am having to file or cut them when they break several times a day), with ridges. I've never had problems like this with my nails. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Also my hair. Someone has mentioned breaking hair. It'd be nice if all of these possible side effects were mentioned in the Tecfidera pamphlets.

Comment

Working...
                X