Do you get chills with flushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get chills with flushing?

I have noticed that my flushing is now coming with chills. In fact I can usually tell when my flushing is going to begin because of chills in my upper legs that roll upward toward my neck. This is followed within minutes by flushing starting in my neck. I can even watch the flushing spread down my neck and chest as more chills roll up my body. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

My neuro seems to know virtually nothing about this drug or the side effects and seemed genuinely shocked that I had had any side effects whatsoever, so it really does no good for me to ask him. I am not terribly concerned. Just very curious.

I haven't had chills with the flushing, but I do get a runny nose during the most acute flushing phase. It's strange... Not sure why my nose runs, but it does.

-Paul

Comment

I haven't had the chills before, but sometimes when the flushing is ending I do get the chills and goosebumps.

I have come to the conclusion that the people who prescribe this really don't know as much as we do now. Happy we are here to help each other.

Comment

I do

Not always, but sometimes get chills during the worst phase. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to flushing. I've been on tech for about a year. Every time I think I've found a routine that works to keep symptoms at bay - wham! It's like it figures my system out and sidetracks - ha ha

Like today - ate a good breakfast, balance of carbs, protein, fat. Had one little square of dark chocolate mid morning (it LOVES quality chocolate- usually. Ate a healthy lunch - balanced. 30 min after lunch - BAM! First it's like someone lights a blow torch on the top of my head, then my neck tingles and itches, then is when the chills will start - rolling up from upper thighs to mid back - and the blow torch fans out and I'm bright red, hot, welts from head to waist. I get very tired. My blood pressure goes up. And today - hasn't happened in awhile- running for the bathroom with emergent diarrhea - oh what fun.

Comment

Oh, man Sunshine! I hope mine never gets that bad! My flushing is neck to waist, but no welts thank goodness!

Comment

Working...
          X