tecfidera flushing/rash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tecfidera flushing/rash

Can anyone explain if there is a difference between flushing and a rash? Noticed a burning sensation on buttocks area that appeared to be bright red. Took an aspirin and applied zinc oxide ointment before bedtime. Seems better this morning. This is the first side effect since I started on Feb.6. Are there two types of "flushing" that we can expect?

Rash is actually listed as a separate side effect from flushing.

Flushing is listed as a Vascular Disorder and rash as Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue Disorders caused by tec.

Comment

Flushing is more of an intense blush. For me it's bright red and sort of itchy, but definitely not a rash in the traditional sense.It also goes away within about 30 minutes, leaving no trace.

I'm not familiar with rash as a side effect, but I'd call Biogen and your neuro to get their take on it.

Comment

Rash

HobbitHead

I just looked this up. It is listed as you said. I guess it's just another one of the many things we can expect from tecfidera. Seems to be clearing today so I am not concerned.

Comment

Rash

Alicious

Rash is also listed. Thanks to HobbitHead for bringing this to my attention. This was not itchy but was red and felt somewhat like a burn. Clearing today.

Comment

Rash

Just found this on the Tecfidera website.

The most common side effects of TECFIDERA include:
             flushing, redness, itching, or rash

I guess this says it all.
            Thanks for all your responses.

Comment

rsinger

You are now our expert resident of how to deal with the 'rash'.

Be prepared for questions once we experience this side effect.

Comment

Working...
              X