Dental extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental extraction

Anyone on tecfidera ever need to take an antibiotic for tooth extraction? 3 weeks into tecfidera and will need to have a tooth extracted.
    Look froward to hearing from anyone.

I had an emergency root canal and crown last week because the tooth broke, called my neuro first and he said he didnt think it would be a problem. Ive been on them for five days now and havent had any increased problems. I dont know if an extraction would be different, maybe in regards to the wound healing or something, so it might be best to ask your neuro first,

Comment

I have to take antibiotics for dental procedures too. Haven't had to while on Tecfidera yet, and to be honest, I didn't even think about that. Kind of seems like Tec doesn't have interactions with much of anything. There is a handy drug interaction checker on drugs.com, and I just checked Tec and Keflex--no interaction. But of course it's best to check with your doc.
      PPMS
      Dx 07/13

Comment

Dental Work

Wondering if anyone takes antibiotics for dental cleanings. Many people on immunosuppressants do have to premedicate before any dental work. Will check with neuro as well.

Comment

Working...
        X