Teccfidera and ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teccfidera and ampyra

I am thinking about starting on Tecfidera after 2 years on copaxone along with ampyra , can you take both of these drugs ampyra and tecfidera?

Hi limppy,
    I will be in Ampyra for two weeks. No side effects, but no improvement either. But to your question, my doctor has also prescribe Tecfider, which I will probably start this weekend.

I can check back here when I've been on both meds for a while. Hope this helps.
    PPMS
    Dx 07/13

Comment

Hi Limppy,

I have been taking Amypra for more than 2 years now with no issues.

I started Tecfidera in early January and have had no conflicts between the two. I had Tecfidera side effects but no issues taking the two drugs together.

Comment

erica1000......does ampyra work for you?
        dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

limppy the Ampyra has been helpful. My walking has improve in speed and balance. Also I have had no side effects from.

Comment

Tec & Amp

I have been on Ampyra for over 2 years and just started Tecfidera in January. Other than the occasional flushing I have had no other side effects. Ampyra has been the best medicine for me. My walking greatly improves on Ampyra and when I miss a dose, I pay for it later. It is the only MS medicine I take that I can feel the difference when I take it and when I don't take it.

Comment

No prob

I've been on Tecfidera for 3 months and on Fampyra for 1 month. No problem taking both together, and the Fampyra has really helped my walking. I just didn't start both meds at once. My neuro wanted to monitor the side effects separately. Not that there were any

Comment

Working...
              X