Tecfidera intestinal problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera intestinal problems

After taking Tecfidera since 5/2013, I finally got some good advise from a MS nurse working for CVS Specialty Drugs.
    She advised me to take 10 mg. of fat before every dose. This could be: glass of whole milk, 1 oz. of cheese, 1/2 avocado, 2 T. ice cream, nuts, - anything that gives you 10 mg. of fat before taking Tecfidera. Works pretty well, but still have bathroom issues depending on what I eat. I'm still trying to solve this issue, but some may just be related to MS and not the drug. Love taking oral meds, but there are still issues on this drug for me personally, and now I need to watch my calories while doing so.

Great advice! Thank you - I'll be starting Tecfidera this week....and have been very anxious about the stomach issues that apparently is common.

I'll stock up on cheese sticks!

Comment

My dr told me that before I started. He said anything with fat helps. breakfast for me is easy I eat young art or cereal and milk and I no. Longer use fat free milk but dinner I find harder though I do try to eat avocado whenever possible or nuts before I eat. Good luck. I am happy with Tec. I was on. Copaxone rebif Tysabri Gilenia Aubagio and now since June. Tec.
      Be well
      Laurie

Comment

Working...
      X