flushing episodes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flushing episodes question

OK. I know this sounds a little crazy, so I thought I'd ask and see if anybody else is experiencing this.

My flushing episodes the first month were pretty consistent. First they were about 3 hours after I took them. Then 3 weeks in, they started happening 6 hours after. No big deal. But consistent.

Here's what changed. Now, they are happening all over the place. And I THINK the trigger is anxiety!!! For example, I was taking my daughter to the restroom at a nasty gas station rest stop while traveling last weekend - I send her in to go on her own (she's 5). She calls me for help with the TP, so I go in, and realize that she had removed her boots and was standing on that nasty floor with her socks!!!!!! I was instantly red. Another example - I was reading a book, and this super intense part was happening, and I flushed! I am not a super anxious person as a general rule, and these are things that I would not have even registered previously as causing anxiety, and while my mind is not anxious, my body is clearly reacting.

Is ANYBODY else having this? I almost feel crazy about it.

you aren't crazy!! yet I know it can be odd the side effects..did you mention to your neuro to see what they had to say about it?

good luck!!
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Well the Biogen people did say activity, aggrevation, etc. could make the s/e worse....so this sounds normal for tecfidera to me.

Comment

I find that I have to be really conscious of my body temperature as well. Too warm and flushing starts for sure. The warmer - the more intense the flush.

Can't wait for summer!

Comment

My flushing seems to bear no relation to anything. It just happens when it feels like it. Mine is pretty mild though, barely an annoyance and no real trouble to handle.

Comment

Working...
          X