Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecifidera Tiredness

Hi everyone,

So I am on my second week of full dose. I am noticing that I am sleeping a heck of a lot more. I am usually a 7 hour a night person but I have been sleeping 8-13 hours depending on the day and still taking a nap(2-4 hours)..

I think it is getting better and the strange thing is that some days my energy is better than BT (before tec). I notice that drinking a ton of water helps a little.

Anyone experience this or have advice...Does not feel like normal MS fatigue. Is it just an adjustment period that goes away??

Other than this all is well on tec.

Thanks,
    Don
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

I hate days I sleep in late, I am always tired all day.

We changed our eating habits so that might have something to do with my daily tiredness but I find a 15 min (put on a timer) nap when I get home from work does wonders.
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Yes, extreme fatigue is a s/e of T. For me, thankfully, it only lasted a couple of weeks.

Generally speaking, adjustment to T can take 4-6 wks so hang in there!
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Tired on Tec

Hi my tiredness went back to "normal" after a few weeks of starting. I've noticed with anything I've started I've been having side effects (not normal with me) not only DMD's but everything else they have put me on. They typically go away thankfully

Comment

Your question is greatly appreciated Don! Thanks for posting!

I am right behind you in this therapy and have noticed the fatigue as well. My first few days on the lower dose I noticed an increase in my energy levels but when I began the full dose that disappeared. I am now feeling much more fatigue and listening to my body's needs so I am sleeping later, napping, and I agree completely, LOTS of water!

Hearing about the experience of others helps tremendously
          "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Comment

Working...
          X