Tecfidera on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera on the way!

I got a call that my Tecfidera is on its way. I am scared to start it. I don't want any more pills and if it isn't going to improve my symptoms, what is the point? I really do know what the point is...I'm just feeling anxious.

What should I expect when starting it?

I am beginning my ninth month, knock woods, not a single side effect. I take it with breakfast and after dinner. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

I was anxious as well but it has been the smoothest DMD transition I have ever had...I have no side effects and feel great on it...plus no shots woot woot...

I have never taken it on an empty stomach but only used aspirin proactively for a week..

Remember most people who have great experiences don't start threads.
      First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

I just finished my 2nd week on Friday. I was really nervous before starting because I heard of everybody's stories. I realized that everyone is different and everybody responds differently. I have kept a journal since starting tecfidera so I have something to bring to my neurologist appointment. I know I have not felt the best and my neurologist told me that I need to try to give this 2 to 3 months. I know what the my goal is. So if that means I need to deal with side effects that may not be so pleasant for the first couple months, its what I have to do. I have 3 small kids that need their mom. Good luck with the beginning of your journey. Take one day at a time and do not forget what your end goal is.

Comment

My tec will be here tomorrow. I'm a little nervous to start as well remembering how long it took for the Rebif symptoms to go away. But hey, no shots of acid!

Comment

Thanks guys! I do need to remember to give it time and keep the end goal in sight, thanks for the reminder gouletmommy. I too have 3 kids at home who need me

Comment

tecfidera

Thank goodness for the good posts. So good to see that not everyone has trouble. My neuro says that only a small percentage of people have problems. I have irritable bowel syndome that developed after a stomach bug. Have not started my Tedfidera yet. Any one else with stomach issues before starting this medication?

Comment

The only thing I do is make sure I eat something before I take the pill. I got heartburn after starting the full dose which woke me up (never had it before). So I would take zantac before eating dinner but after doing that for a week I stopped to see if it was still happening and it was gone so I don't take it anymore. Best of luck!
                dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I have irritable bowel ever since my Diverticulitis. I am afraid of more stomach issues as well.

Comment

I'm on day 2 of the Tec. I can feel the fire growing in my belly. Can I take something for it?

Comment

Just got my phone call today that my Tec will be here tomorrow. Not starting it til next Monday, but I am freaked out already! Crossing my fingers that I'll be one of the lucky ones!

Comment

I had stomach issues before starting Tec

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
                        I'm on day 2 of the Tec. I can feel the fire growing in my belly. Can I take something for it?
                        I have pretty severe GERD and my neuro explained the Tec would make probably aggravate it/make it worse.
                        He suggested adjusting my medication.
                        He suggested adding Pepcid before I take Tec, besides my usual daily Protonix.
                        It's working so far.
                        Tl-Tr3
                        DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

I had a rough start with tec, but have been on it for about 6 months now and am doing great. It's hard to believe it's already been 6 months as it seems like only yesterday I was so nervous about starting!

I suffer with really bad GERD and when I first started tec it felt like a hole was being burned right through my stomach. What I've found to really help me....especially with the evening dose is to take with a glass of milk and a zantac. I never take a dose without food/milk and a zantac.

Good luck to you and I hope things get better.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                          ― Helen Keller

Comment

Today has been pretty rough. My stomach has been so sore and bloated. I feel like I may have gastritis. I also have been having some sort flushing. My face and ears were on fire! After that passed I am freezing. I don't have a fever but I have chills.

Comment

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
                              Today has been pretty rough. My stomach has been so sore and bloated. I feel like I may have gastritis. I also have been having some sort flushing. My face and ears were on fire! After that passed I am freezing. I don't have a fever but I have chills.
                              Oh I'm so sorry your are having such a rough go at it! It can be scary and frustrating at the same time. I sincerely hope things start to look up for you soon! You are in my thoughts. ♥

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                              ― Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                              X