Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with good experience following biogen's suggested dosage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with good experience following biogen's suggested dosage?

Has anyone had a good experience using biogen's dosing of 120mg 2 x day for the first week then 240mg 2 x day thereafter? I am on day 11 and my neurologist had me use this dosing.

I've been on it since it came out, followed the recommended dosage, and am right as rain.

Comment

No problems here

Almost 3 months in.

Comment

I took over a month to get to 240mg because my body doesn't like medications. We have learned to taper slowly and it works for me. My neuro and gp supports me in this effort and it works great.

If you know your body is sensitive you need to have a heart-to-heart with your medical team. They don't want you to fail medications and since this drug is for years ... what's a few extra days at a lower dose?

Comment

I did the 1 week titration without problems
          I did forget to take my pill this morning, so we shall see how that goes.
          1995-symptoms with no cause
          2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
          2000/1-started Avonex
          2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
          Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

I am done with the first month of Tec

following the recommended dosage. And so far no problems.

I did have an infection the first week. (Possibly related to med, maybe not) ......

I'm slightly more fatigued than usual , but still can function, I take Nuvigil .
            I have flushing, burning feeling on my scalp & head if I forget to take 2 baby aspirin before the Tec ( & 1 isn't enough, it has to be 2).
            My refill comes tomorrow.
            I had my MRI on Monday , waiting for results to see where I'm at for a baseline for this med.
            Tl-Tr3
            DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

I'm just finishing month 6 of recommended dosing & no problems.
              DX 10/2008
              Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
              Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
              Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

The first week on the 120, I was fine. The second week of the 240 was a disaster. After coming off the med completely and then starting up slower the second time around, things were great. It's been six months now and no problems whatsoever.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                ― Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                X