Staaaaaahvin'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staaaaaahvin'!

So I am on week 3 with Tec. Starting about a week ago, I am ravenous! I found some links online about this but ultimately couldn't find what ever comment was made in regards to this. Anyone have this as a side effect??? It's maddening. Particularly because I am vegetarian, and my usual fare is just not cutting it. Ugh...

Anybody? Nobody?

Comment

I am still too early on the medication to let you know how it is going. Only on day 4 here and all I know is I feel like a stuffed pig because I usually only ate one solid meal a day with very little fat. Now I am eating two two full solid fatty meals a day to ward off any s/e that could trigger my crohn's or peptic ulcer...hell even a migraine attack. Honestly, food right now is my enemy. If anything I have absolutely no appetite. Add that when I eat now, I taste more of the silverware (metal) then I do the food......

But, so far so good......no tummy issues at all, body aches but even they are diminishing with each dose, but tummy is doing awesome!

Comment

no increased hunger here, only second week
        1995-symptoms with no cause
        2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
        2000/1-started Avonex
        2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
        Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Hi, I'm at the end of month 3. I got hungrier too for awhile. It gets better. I think you feel better and helps keep side effects away if you keep your stomach somewhat full. I stocked up on bagels and ate a lot of Apple slices with peanut butter! Sometimes a few crackers help. Hope this helps and tell us when things get better because they will... Becky

Comment

Into my third week. No change in appetite.

Comment

Don't know if TEC has anything to do with it but I've have a reduced appetite. I've lost about 1 1/2 pounds a month over the last three months. Not that I'm complaining. 10 more and I'm at my ideal weight.

Comment

Into my 3rd week here too. If anything, I have lost some of my appetite due to stomach pain.

Comment

Haha! OneGreatLife, I wish I was having that issue! Thankfully the extreme hunger has passed. I'm back to just normal hungry for me. Lol. It was terrible. I would eat a filling meal or snack and then like an hour or two later be so hungry, like I hadn't eating days! It was ridiculous. Hopefully that side effect stay far away from now on. Although now I do have mild stomach cramps. No idea if it is related to the Tec or not.... can't win if it isn't one thing it's another! Thanks guys!

Comment

i'm ending my 3rd week on tecfidera, and no increase in appetite. I've lost my appetite mostly, and extremely bloated the first three weeks

good luck!!
                    Jen Dx'd 5/11
                    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
                    X