Would you wait to begin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you wait to begin?

Tomorrow the Tecfidera is being delivered. This weekend my husband and I are leaving for 10 days to visit my family for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will be on the road for 2 days with our 2 dogs and then staying with family, then back on the road again for 2 days home. My question to those of you who have already started your Tecfidera is this....

Would you begin this medicine while away from your home?

I am leaning towards waiting until I am back home to begin this so I can monitor my feelings and experience.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Hello Coral,

I would lean toward waiting until you get back home. My thought is that holidays can sometimes be stressful, so why add on to it? I think being closer to home where you can have alone quiet time to see what you body is telling you might be the better route. I hope it goes well for you.

Hugs,

Comment

Hi Coral,

I've been on Tec for about 2 months now. Things where going smoothly until I went away two weeks ago on vacation.

While on vacation I suffered the only three horrendous days of side effects since taking the meds. I think the change of schedule and not eating my usual diet where the culprit.

When I returned home, things went back to "normal".

You may want to think about waiting.

Comment

I am in your same boat, coral. Mine should be arriving before Thanksgiving - we will also be traveling. I am leaning toward just getting it over with. Family things stress me out anyway, so it's a good reason to retreat and take a nap.

Comment

You bring up an important point abc, holidays can certainly be stressful. Adding something new to a level of unease, no matter how small can really elevate issues. Your thoughts and words are much appreciated!
          "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Comment

I haven't started yet but both my doctors told me to devote to nothing except my body for the first 2 to 4 weeks after starting. No traveling, no working out, no house remodeling, etc.....of course all things I have planned soon....so.......

Comment

i'd wait

coral63,

just my opinion, i'd wait. I just got back from my neuro today and he recommended switching to Tec and mentioned about possible diarrhea, stomach issues as a common side effect that will wane with time. Better to be at home if that happens! I wouldn't want to be travelling on the road looking for a rest room!

Comment

I am a HUGE advocate for Tecfidera and I would suggest you wait. Enjoy your vacation and your family time.
                Waiting will not only assure you have a better vacation it will also give you and Tecfidera the best chance of success upon your return.

Whatever decision you make ... enjoy and be safe!

Comment

Working...
                X