Tec and diverticulitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec and diverticulitis

Starting my third month month of Tec and things are going well except for a terrible attack of diverticulitis. Sick for 2 weeks. On cipro & Vicodin for 10 days. Much better now & stayed on the Tec during it all. Pharmacy & neuro don't think it's the Tec-I'm not so sure. Anyone else have these issues? My main concern is not to go through that again and to keep my gut healthy. Taking fiber (Metamucil) everyday. Maybe add a probiotic? Anyone have any suggestions? Which probiotic is good? I do not want to stop Tec because I don't want to start all over again & no other side effects whatsoever. Thoughts anyone?

Interesting... I developed diverticulitis as well after being on Tec 4 months. This seemed strange to me because I eat plenty of fiber and try eat healthy. I've never had stomach issues.

I asked neuro about Tec causing it and she was positively sure that it did not cause it.

On the other hand, I was not and still not convinced it didn't. I have since stopped taking Tec. I was having other issues as well with severe fatigue and walking, balance issues. I am now on IVIG. My fatigue and walking issues got better after stopping Tec.

Hope things work out for you. Diverticulitis is no fun.

Comment

Working...
    X