Worsened Kidney function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worsened Kidney function

I have always had healthy kidneys, but am starting to wonder if Tecfidera might be starting to change that. My neuro ordered followup labs three months into this treatment and the results were slightly troubling. GFR (glomular filtration rate) is slower and creatinin is a bit higher. neuro told me that creatinin elevation might be a result of dehydration, but I drink lots of water.
    Will have followup labs in couple of weeks. Anyone else notice a change in kidney function, as indicated by labs?

I've been on Tec since beginning of June. When I went to see my neuro last month for my first check up I had to ask him to check my CBC, specifically I was interested in the white count. Some of my labs were low, WBC and hemoglobin. I didn't think to ask him by kidney function however. I go back in Dec to recheck labs. I will ask him to check those as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Creatinine can be very sensitive to hydration. The Tec gives me dry mouth at times and I feel myself needing to drink more water than I used to. I also just had the first dental cavity in 15 years and was wondering if it could have been from the dry mouth. Huh. Maybe try really drinking a lot more and see if that affects your labs. Then you will know if it's from hydration or not.

Best of luck!
    Optic neuritis 1999.
    RRMS diagnosed 2007.
    Copaxone 2007 - 2013.
    Tecfidera June 2013 - present.

Comment

Working...
    X