No announcement yet.

Anybody feeling anything good with Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on Tecfidera for 3 months... besides occasional flushing (perhaps every other week for about 30 minutes -- feels like very very mild sunburn but a definite "warm skin" feeling), everything is fine.

No nausea or anything else to report.

I feel terribly for those who had hope for the pill but find themselves unable to do so, however I just wanted to chime in with my experience.

(I was formerly on Betaseron for nearly 5 years, but had begun developing injection site reactions so I was looking for a non-injectable therapy.)
    Diagnosed October 2008 with Relapse Remitting MS (RRMS).

Comment

Originally posted by nerak View Post
      Lonilee,
      I came on here specifically tonight to see if anyone is feeling anything like I am...I already went through 1st week of 120 mg and am now on 240 mg. I am definitely feeling a lot of agitation. When I skipped a pill ONE night, the next morning I could feel the difference, so I am going to call my neuro. Since this is not listed as anywhere I can find as a possible side effect, I'm wondering if it may be it's just not something I should take, possible allergy or whatever.

I know I can not continue with the screaming meemees ! And I was so happy after I copaxone not working then finding I could not tolerate the interferons at all -- a new drug in pill form, I haven't taken a DMD for years and was hoping...

I also have had a much greater level of fatigue (which was already quite bad) with this med.

I am on my 13th day of 240mg twice daily and since last Friday I feel like *** wake up with headache feeling sick to my stomach massive pain in stomach try to eat half bagel to coat stomach take Bayer aspirin take tec at 10 go to work feeling sicker than ever can't hold anything down goes right through me it is like water is coming out my *** and smells terrible puke a few times in middle of night and this has been going on for five days what the heck anyone else experiencing this I am frustrated

Comment

Thanks Toomnyhats

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
        I had a much, much greater level of fatigue when I began Tec. Usually I can control my fatigue with ALA/ACA supplements but that didn't even take the edge off. My usual "booster" (caffeine & sugar) didn't help either. It really kicked my hinney!

Thankfully it went away after about 3 wks so hang in there -generally speaking the s/e do decrease over time!
        (Like your screen name -- I know the feeling from when I was able to work!) I said I was going try to commit to 4 wks to allow time for s/e to subside. Just into my 3rd week now. Some have gotten better but still have a couple things going on, I am trying to hang in there. Thanks for the info that you saw much difference after 3 weeks, maybe soon these others will clear up.

Comment

[QUOTE=slimstacy;1433568]I am on my 13th day of 240mg twice daily and since last Friday I feel like *** wake up with headache feeling sick to my stomach massive pain in stomach try to eat half bagel to coat stomach take Bayer aspirin take tec at 10 go to work feeling sicker than ever can't hold anything down goes right through me it is like water is coming out my *** and smells terrible puke a few times in middle of night and this has been going on for five days what the heck anyone else experiencing this I am frustrated[/QUOTE

Oh, you sound so miserable. I had a lot of trouble with feeling like I was going to throw up all the time and running to the bathroom (stinky) up until like the middle of last week. That was around right after I started my 2nd week. I still do occasionally feel kind of sick, and a day when stomach pain and having to run to the bathroom pops up here and there but I thought it was never going to let up.

As for headache, I suffer from migraines and I have had a substantial increase in those since starting Tec -- and when I get those I have awful nausea, too. I do hope this is something that lets up soon...can't keep having so many migraines.

I truly hope your side effects let up, just thinking how you're feeling makes me feel so bad.

Take Care.

Comment

Lesion gone

I am not feeling better since being on Tecfidera. I've actually been in the hospital for over 2 weeks. I went from the hospital for 5 days, to an inpatient rehab at another hospital. The good news is.... One year ago I had an MRI done and has a new lesion in my c-spine. I had another MRI done 2 weeks ago and the lesion is gone!

OH, and I've only been on Tecfidera for a few months.
            Michelle

Comment

[QUOTE=nerak;1433718]
              Originally posted by slimstacy View Post
              I am on my 13th day of 240mg twice daily and since last Friday I feel like *** wake up with headache feeling sick to my stomach massive pain in stomach try to eat half bagel to coat stomach take Bayer aspirin take tec at 10 go to work feeling sicker than ever can't hold anything down goes right through me it is like water is coming out my *** and smells terrible puke a few times in middle of night and this has been going on for five days what the heck anyone else experiencing this I am frustrated[/QUOTE

Oh, you sound so miserable. I had a lot of trouble with feeling like I was going to throw up all the time and running to the bathroom (stinky) up until like the middle of last week. That was around right after I started my 2nd week. I still do occasionally feel kind of sick, and a day when stomach pain and having to run to the bathroom pops up here and there but I thought it was never going to let up.

As for headache, I suffer from migraines and I have had a substantial increase in those since starting Tec -- and when I get those I have awful nausea, too. I do hope this is something that lets up soon...can't keep having so many migraines.

I truly hope your side effects let up, just thinking how you're feeling makes me feel so bad.

Take Care.
              I am done with tec my dr said my body was rejecting the med gotta try something new can't do tysabri I am positive for that maybe gilenia don't know I tried a lot so far can't give up hope always stay positive

Comment

Working...
              X