One week off Tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One week off Tec

I felt like Tec was affecting my walking/weakness. I was on Tec for about 4 1/2 months before I felt like Tec could be the reason. I attributed my worsening symptoms initially to the summer weather. Anyway, a week ago I stopped Tec after talking to my neuro. My question is, for those of you who stopped Tec, when did you feel the difference?
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

I stopped tec and the 2nd day off i felt better

I was taking Tec for 1 month & felt worse, my walking was so much worse The fatigue was terrible, all I wanted to do was lay around & sleep the stomach pain was really bad, so I stopped for a few weeks and my Dr. told me to start again with 1 pill every other day, well I just stopped it again, the fatigue is just too much even with the slow start it just is not for me. I was on Avonex for 9 years and had to stop only because I developed a rash, otherwise I would have stayed on Avonex. So now I do not know what I will do next. Good luck to you, GOD BLESS US ALL !!!

Comment

I stopped the previous Tues so it has been a week and three days and I do notice the difference (I had no stomach issues). I am just very sad because this means I need to find a new dmd. I was on Rebif for many years and was so excited to stop the needles. Don't know what I am going to take.....will see my dr this week. I know she will say copaxone and that is a needle everyday Best of luck to you!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I noticed a difference after 2 weeks of stopping Tec. My walking greatly improved.

My neuro said I needed to stop completely and try another treatment. I've been on several already that didn't help, so now my choice is IVIG.

I'll be starting that in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X