Tec and LDN in combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec and LDN in combo

Anyone doing this or even know anything on thes 2 drugs being used together?

Thanks,
    Loylee

I don’t believe you will find any scientific research on the combination. Probably very few people on both since tec is so new. If you want to form your own opinion you may want to check out the lowdosenaltrexone group at yahoo.

There are quite a few MSers taking LDN at that site. Plus, occasionally doctors, pharmacists, or researchers will comment. Several people at that site have repeatedly stated there is no contraindication except narcotics; which makes sense because LDN blocks opioid receptors for 4-6 hours after taking it. During that 4-6 hour period narcotics, such as some pain meds, would not work because they are being briefly blocked.

Personally, if I were going to take them in combo, I would initiate them at least two months apart. Otherwise, if you have side effect issues how do you know which is causing problems? Often the side effects of tec are significant in the beginning but can abate in two months, more or less. At least that is what the phase 3 trial results showed.

Usually, the side effects of LDN are minimal to none but you still need to establish that fact for yourself. Really need to have a couple months between the two, IMO.

Lastly, I will state that I personally have done an extensive review of scientific literature on LDN and have never found a single serious adverse event ever reported in scientific literature in an adult or child taking LDN. The most common adverse event reported is vivid dreams in a small percentage which usually resolves in a couple of weeks.

As far as safety goes, LDN appears to be safer than aspirin because it has no GI issues, as aspirin does with some people. Finding a doctor knowledgeable enough to prescribe LDN is often a problem but the lowdosenaltrexone site at yahoo can be informative about that, too.

Comment

Thank you! That confirms what I was thinking too. Off to Yahoo and the doc today for my 1 month Tec follow-up.

Comment

Doc agreed to my request but wants me to wait till Nov to keep the results obvious. He was very in tune with the request.

Comment

Wow, it is fantastic and surprising to find such a doctor. Is your physician local, maybe near the coffeehouse in your city? my laugh! Perhaps, we will stop for coffee sometime when we are in the area. Do you recommend celtic or zaydee coffee?

Also, a reminder… there will be a LDN conference in Chicago early October. Just Google it for info.

Best!

Comment

I think LDN and Tecfidira do the same thing - generate endorphins - just in different ways. The endorphins modulate Tcell activity.

LDN blocks the Pituitary Gland and Tecfidira corrects a Fumaric Acid deficiency in the Kreb's Cycle, which also generates endorphins...but must have vitamin D/direct sunshine as well.

You should ask your neuro how Tecfidira works, just for fun, see if they have an answer. It's a fair question when taking any drug. What is this pill doing to my body?

My opinion only...you're wasting your money and exposing yourself to unnecessary toxicity with Tecfidira if you're already taking LDN. If you must double-dip for your endorphins, take Fumaric Acid instead. Tecfidira, or "Fumaric Acid Esters" or "Dimethyl Fumarate" is just a more refined form of Fumaric Acid. Fumaric Acid only costs $30 a bottle.

Or even Malic Acid, a precursor of Fumaric Acid in the Kreb's Cycle.

There's a reason why both Dimethyl Fumarate and LDN exhibit efficacy with MS, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus - it's the endorphins.

Comment

best coffee

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
              Wow, it is fantastic and surprising to find such a doctor. Is your physician local, maybe near the coffeehouse in your city? my laugh! Perhaps, we will stop for coffee sometime when we are in the area. Do you recommend celtic or zaydee coffee?

Also, a reminder… there will be a LDN conference in Chicago early October. Just Google it for info.

Best!
              St
              I have had the ZYdee coffee once and liked it. My shop has now closed. We used used a roaster in Plymouth. My favorite was organic Sumatran. You can buy beans locally in Novi at Better Health. I buy Sam's Town organic Sumatra at Wal-Mart. Good prices, nice chocolate flavor and great iced too.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckle View Post
                I think LDN and Tecfidira do the same thing - generate endorphins - just in different ways. The endorphins modulate Tcell activity.

LDN blocks the Pituitary Gland and Tecfidira corrects a Fumaric Acid deficiency in the Kreb's Cycle, which also generates endorphins...but must have vitamin D/direct sunshine as well.

You should ask your neuro how Tecfidira works, just for fun, see if they have an answer. It's a fair question when taking any drug. What is this pill doing to my body?

My opinion only...you're wasting your money and exposing yourself to unnecessary toxicity with Tecfidira if you're already taking LDN. If you must double-dip for your endorphins, take Fumaric Acid instead. Tecfidira, or "Fumaric Acid Esters" or "Dimethyl Fumarate" is just a more refined form of Fumaric Acid. Fumaric Acid only costs $30 a bottle.

Or even Malic Acid, a precursor of Fumaric Acid in the Kreb's Cycle.

There's a reason why both Dimethyl Fumarate and LDN exhibit efficacy with MS, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus - it's the endorphins.
                I have read LDN has a bit of healing to I t as well which is why I'm interested in both. Do to disability I need to move on to Medicare which may strangle my TEC days and switch me to LDN anyway. I'm very in the clouds on all of this junk.

Comment

Three and one half months on Tecfidera. Have been on LDN for four years. after initial 2 months of nausea, I am feeling pretty good.

Comment

I just heard about LDN for the first time! I have been taking Tysabri for 2+ years, am negative for JCvirus but my neuro is still nervous to have me stay on it. I have been planning to switch to Tecfidra, just waiting until the heat of summer is over in case I have the flushing side effect which does not sound fun and worse with heat sensitivity. When I see neuro this week I am thinking of asking her about trying LDN and staying on Tysabri for now until I see how I do with the LDN.
                    I read that it is helpful for both fatigue and stiffness/spasticity. What is your experience?

Comment

TEC and LDN

I've been on LDN for over two years and I'm now taking TEC. My MS journey started with Optic Neuritis causing blindness in my left eye. After 2 years only about 25% of my vision returned. My doctor read that LDN may help with nerve healing and agreed to prescribe it if I was willing to try it. I did and my vision improved to about 90% in a few months. My Nero-Opthamologist says it's a coincidence but I don't think so. The LDN is taken in the evening. I try to take it a few hours after the TEC but it's not always possible. I haven't had any side effects from either.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckle View Post
                        If you must double-dip for your endorphins, take Fumaric Acid instead.
                        Just a caution Fumaric Acid cannot be absorbed by the body, only the esters can be processed. It is a common ingredient used in gummy bears and other candy.

I personally take Copaxone, LDN and Psorex, a mono-ethyl fumarate. Occasionally i get serious flushing which is a side effect and indicates it is being absorbed.

Comment

Working...
                        X