Tec and Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec and Beer

Has anyone gone out and had a few beers and taken your tec or have you just waited to take it later?

I have cut back/pretty much cut out alcohol completely. Just a personal choice, nothing to do with Tec.
    RRMS 10/07 Avonex 2/08 Tecfidera 7/13

Comment

Guinness & TecfiderA

I still enjoy my guinness. I take my 1st tecfidera around 7-8am after juicing and cereal. The 2nd pill after dinner but I have never taken my tecfidera with a guinness if that is what you mean.
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Cocktails and Tec

Due to some very poor planning on my part, I started Tec about 3 weeks before I left for an all-inclusive vacation in Punta Cana. Of course, all inclusive is a license to drink fruity cocktails all day. I took my Tec pills every day of the trip in the morning and evening. The drinking and Tec combination did not seem to cause any problems for me. Even at home, I enjoy a glass of wine or a beer in the evening, which does not seem to have any negative interaction with Tec that I can see.

You deserve some beers now and then!

Comment

Every time I take some alcohol even in a small amounts I have more flashing and burning. Top of my head feels like on a fire.

Comment

Yes... I even washed it down with a beer!!

To be clear on this... I am in my 11th week and have had very little in the side effect dept since about the 2nd week. (That would be the first week on the 240s) Since that time I have made very little change to my normal routine, diet included. I had a blood test for liver and kidney functions and the Dr said it was good.

So I do indulge in a few cold ones from time to time, and last week I was on a weekend motorcycle trip with the guys. After suppper when we got back to camp, I washed my Tec down with a beer. I even drank a few more after that, and did the same thing the next night too...

You have to rough it when you're camping you know...

Comment

Working...
            X