I Must Be a Slow Learner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Must Be a Slow Learner

A month or so ago I posted a thread about learning a good lesson the hard way, well round two came yesterday BIG TIME.

Received phone call @ 3:00am that Mom had fell & they were taking her to ER. So what do? I jump up, get dressed, and head out. Like any trip to ER is a QUICK thing.

I'm sitting there watching the clock tick almost backwards & it dawns on me I don't have my meds w/me. Oh well...been there done that can't be that bad right...it's just ONE dose.

OMG WRONG! We had family coming to visit in afternoon so I just stayed at Mom's so it turned out to be 6pm before I could head home for meds.

Had to have help from an elderly gentleman to get from apt door to car...had to stop @ store for something to go with dinner. Store was Johnny on the spot with cart pu so not a cart in lot. So made my own handicapped parking spot...in fire lane just past entrance so not blocking it and ran into store for cart & 2 items ... yep needed a cart for two items...and back out.

Got home, Dinner was ready so helped get dinner on table...fell taking Pepsis in cracked me head against dresser (we eat in BR...long story table buried as make shift cupboard) ...oh well shoe will hold it till I get back & can sit down... yeah ok.

Made it in w/plat of ribs & potato salad (at least I didn't drop or spill it)...Finally can take me Meds...woo hoo, Heck it's only time for my second dose. Not like I'm behind or anything...7:45 take meds...& viola start feeling almost human w/in 45 mins.

I will be so glad when school starts & I'll have am doses in my purse to take at school just before classes start. Tend not to do that when home.

Duh ... lesson learned grab meds on way out door. Makes for a far nicer day.

Here's to a better day! Good luck to my fellow fighters!

Penny

hope your mom is feeling better! I missed a dose once (a night dose) but I really didn't see a difference. Best of luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I hope your mom is feeling better.

I need to learn my lesson too. On weekends I sleep later and by the time I get up my doses tend to be a little later than during the week. Even a half an hour makes a difference. My stomach has been in knots every weekend because I'm not timing things out the way that I should.

Comment

Just try...

Originally posted by msesq View Post
        I hope your mom is feeling better.

I need to learn my lesson too. On weekends I sleep later and by the time I get up my doses tend to be a little later than during the week. Even a half an hour makes a difference. My stomach has been in knots every weekend because I'm not timing things out the way that I should.
        and aim for about 12 hrs a part. My fist missed dose the ended up being about 9 hrs apart and dr said that was fine. Thankfully I can take w/o food so on those odd mornings I get to sleep late I just get up and take them, adjust the 2nd dose, then try to get back on schedule the next day.

Comment

Working...
        X