Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tecfidera - thanks for all the pointers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera - thanks for all the pointers!

First, once again, MS World has proven to be such a great place to go when I need to see the good, bad and ugly of MS meds. I haven't been on in a while, but have recently switched over to Tecfidera, well, mainly because I didn't want to do Rebif shots anymore. Nothing against Rebif, I did really well on it and never really had side effects, but those site reactions were getting quite tender.

Before I started Tec, I came here and got the lowdown from others. So I stocked up on Greek yougurt, breakfast foods, coated aspirin, and Pepto.

My Neuro started me on a different dosage - 120 for 1st week, 240 for the 2nd week, 120/morning and 240/evening for the 3rd week, and 240/morning and 240/evening for the 4th (full dosage).

The worst week was the 1st week - I experienced flushing that resembled hives on my chest and arms about 3 hours after my dose and that lasted about an hour. But, I was able to work through it so it wasn't that bad. Did get some funny looks

The flushing got less and less for the remaining weeks and I didn't get really any GI problems. The flushing is almost non-existant now and I am 1/2 way through the 4 week (1st week on the full dose). I did eat before I took it and swallowed a gulp of Pepto each morning just in case.

I did catch a cold/flu from someone at work - but that doesn't seem to be any different than any other time I have been sick with a cold.

Anyways, just wanted to share my Tec experience and thank everyone for their candid experiences. It really helps to know what to maybe expect so you don't freak out the first time you look like a tomato.
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

I'm glad you have had a relatively easy transition to Tecfidera! I did the same thing before I started the drug. My first thought was to see what worked for everyone else so I could use it to help me! I have had no flushing. For a while I thought I was pre-premenopausal because I was feeling really warm off and on but that wasn't too noticeable. Well, unless you count being sweaty when no one else is hot! :0) I wish you continued success.
    Lori
    Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

Everyone helped me also. I have almost finished my 3rd wk. and I have done very well.

Glad to hear both of you are doing well.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
      X