Back pain andTecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back pain andTecfidera

Hi, I'm new to the forum and Tecfidera. This is my second week of taking Tecfidera and I am not having any of the expected side effects. But, after I take it I develop intense upper back pain and have to lie down. I wanted to find out if anyone else is having this problem and any suggestions?

Back pain and Tecfiddy-Sense

Yes! Me too. However, it's midback, and I have a feeling its related to sever GI discomfort.

Haven't had it checked, but that's what they relegated my month-long dry cough to- Intense acid reflux traveling up the esophagus, irritating the throat. I think this drug gets sketchier each month.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I don't think my back pain is related to heart burn since I don't have any gastric problems. My pain is located where my bra is. Although I have no congestion, I'm wondering if it might be my lungs. I have researched the web and I can't find anything about back pain and BG-12. Please let me know if you find out more. Thank you again, I hope that you are feeling better.

Comment

I had severe back pain as well, the first 3 weeks of Tec. I contributed it to my previous back surgery I had 4 yrs ago.

But now that I think about it, could have been the Tec. I really didn't have the pain before starting it. Good news, the pain stopped during my 4th week. Hope yours does too.

Comment

Thank you for the encouraging reply. The pain is debilitating but the thought that it will improve is great! I guess there is an array of side effects that differ from one person to another. I'm surprised that I couldn't find any information on the internet about back pain and BG12. Hope your day is going well!

Comment

Working...
          X