Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice any improvement?

Hello!
    I'm at a crossroads and the dr office has said I need to pick one of the available DMDs because of 4 new, small lesions this year.

Has anyone taking Tecfidera noticed a decrease in symptoms? Less fatigue?

I guess Im hoping for the positive results I have read from others on Tysabri with less risk. One can dream, right?
    Irish.Girl 40 yrs old
    Diagnosed with RRMS 2004 at 30 yrs old
    Possibly transitioning to SPMS
    Rebif 3 mos, Copaxone 5 yrs
    Last 4 years no DMD

TECFIDERA IS LIKE OTHER DMD'S IT JUST A PREVENTATIVE DRUG. IT MAY OR MAY NOT HELP PREVENT RELAPSE TO A DEGREE .
    ITS NOT A DRUG THAT WOULD IMPROVE SYMPTOMS OR HEAL NERVES. ONE COULD SAY IF WE HAVE LESS RELAPSES THEN OUR SYMPTOMS MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE OF IMPROVING OVER TIME . FOR SOME OF US THE SYMPTOMS OR MS DAMAGE THAT WE HAVE PRIOR TO STARTING TEC. IS WHAT WILL BE KEEPING . THE HOPE IS LESS RELAPSE LESS NEW DAMAGE.
    THERE'S NO MAGIC PILL YET. BUT THERE MAY BE SOMEDAY. RIGHT NOW ITS ALL ABOUT FIGHTING THE PROGRESSION OF MS WITH DMD'S (HOPING TO LESSEN RELASPES).
    AS FOR TECFIDERA BEING LESS RISKY YEA I BELIEVE SO . THERE IS LESS SIDE EFFECTS ON TEC. THAN TYSABRI. LESS CHANCE OF PML ALSO. PLUS A WHOLE LOT EASIER TO TAKE . I HATE TO BURST YOUR NICE DREAM . WE'LL GET BETTER MEDS ONE DAY BUT FOR NOW THIS ONE IS PROMISING .
    dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
    started tecfidera 7/10/2013
    rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
    copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
    Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

So far, yes. Good luck, Irish!
      RRMS 10/07 Avonex 2/08 Tecfidera 7/13

Comment

Sorta...

I've noticed that I seem to walk a little better (steadier) but not woo hoo dancing in the streets.

I do know it is working. I missed a dose one morning, went to store, horrible time, then realized I had missed my AM pill. See thread "Good Lesson learned hard way" (or something real similar).

I really want something that makes it all better; but I'll take something that holds me at the status quo I seem to be at.

Penny

Comment

rrms since 5/2010 or before
          rebif 8/2010-5/2013
          tec.5/2013 to present.
          i switched to tec. a couple of months ago. the rebif shots were getting more difficult:site reactions, flu symtoms. for some people i think i read tec. may shrink some lesions over time (a year or two)
          tec. does lower white blood count
          rebif affected liver function.
          be well

Comment

Working...
          X