LOSING HAIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOSING HAIR

Is there anyone else losing their hair since starting Tefidera? I'm losing so much hair, I'll be going to my dermatologist soon. Worried.

I have really thick hair so I would have to lose a ton to be noticeable but I have been seeing more than normal! I'm sorry that you are losing enough to drive you to see a Dr.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Comment

Hair loss isn't uncommon with any of the medicines used for autoimmune diseases. They're a bit toxic - on purpose - and the body can respond to that by losing hair. A lot of people have hair loss even with the injectible DMDs. I did. I even drop a ton of hair when I have a high dose steroid series.

You might want to have your thyroid level checked. Low thyroid levels can cause hair loss too. I haven't read anywhere that Tecfidera goofs up thyroid levels but it still might be a good idea to check anyway just in case its low.

Lots of times the hair grows back when the body adjusts to the medicines. Mine always does.

Comment

When I was on Aubagio that was a question my Neuro asked me. Even warned me about. He never mentioned it with Gilenya. Or Tec.
        Good luck
        Laurie

Comment

Hair loss can also be a sign of iron deficiency. Get your ferritin level checked. As soon as I got my iron stores up my hair stopped falling out.

Comment

NOPE NO HAIR LOSS HERE ON TEC. EITHER. I DID HOWEVER LOSS A LOT HAIR WHILE ON RITUXAN INFUSIONS. ITS GROWN BACK AFTER 9 MONTHS. HAD TO START PRENATAL VIT. PLUS BIOTIN 1000MG DAILY . I ALSO USE EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL A LITTLE ON THE ROOTS AT NIGHT HELPED MY HAIR GROW. EATING LOTS OF BLEND VEG/FRUIT DRINKS DID A LOT OF GOOD AS WELL.
            NOW I'VE GOT THICKER HAIR THAN BEFORE THE RITUXAN.
            dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
            started tecfidera 7/10/2013
            rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
            copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
            Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

Working...
            X