Another update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another update

Ugh, yes, another update. I'm getting tired of my own updates. Hopefully, this will be useful to someone.

I have completed my entire cardiac workup after starting Tec in May and experiencing tachycardia (high heart rate) soon after. My workup is completely normal. My BP today in the office was 102/67 and HR was 72.

The cardiologist thinks that my body is reacting to the "flushing" side effects of Tec. She doesn't think it is bad enough to change any medication. She said it was OK to skip my beta blocker if my BP goes too low. So, good news. And, mostly, my HR and BP have returned to normal as the flushing has decreased.

Originally posted by KatW View Post
    Ugh, yes, another update. I'm getting tired of my own updates. Hopefully, this will be useful to someone.

I have completed my entire cardiac workup after starting Tec in May and experiencing tachycardia (high heart rate) soon after. My workup is completely normal. My BP today in the office was 102/67 and HR was 72.

The cardiologist thinks that my body is reacting to the "flushing" side effects of Tec. She doesn't think it is bad enough to change any medication. She said it was OK to skip my beta blocker if my BP goes too low. So, good news. And, mostly, my HR and BP have returned to normal as the flushing has decreased.
    Kat,

I found your post interesting. I'm not on a DMD , but when I was first reading about the flushing from this med, I wondered if it might have any effect on bp

I'm not a doctor, but I think flushing is usually caused by vasodilation which can lower your bp. I was wondering what affect it might have on those whose MS affects their autonomic functions, i.e. heart rate, BP, etc.

Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

Comment

Good News

Glad it's working out.

Comment

Working...
      X