Tecifdera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecifdera

Hi, my name is Annette & im thinking about going on Tecfidera. I was wondering does the ins pay 4 it. How much does the drug cost.

The drug costs roughly $55,000/year (Gilenya is $60k and Aubagio is $45k).

Insurance generally covers it, but since the drug is brand new some of the insurance companies have not added it to their drug formulary yet.

Biogen has multiple assistance programs to try and help you get on the medication. Initially, I qualified for the $10 copay program so the medication cost me $120/year. Not too bad considering the HUGE price tag.

Your neurologist will need to write the script and their office fill out the paperwork before Biogen can let you know how much it will cost you. The entire process takes a few weeks, but it sounds a lot more cumbersome than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      The drug costs roughly $55,000/year (Gilenya is $60k and Aubagio is $45k).

Insurance generally covers it, but since the drug is brand new some of the insurance companies have not added it to their drug formulary yet.

Biogen has multiple assistance programs to try and help you get on the medication. Initially, I qualified for the $10 copay program so the medication cost me $120/year. Not too bad considering the HUGE price tag.

Your neurologist will need to write the script and their office fill out the paperwork before Biogen can let you know how much it will cost you. The entire process takes a few weeks, but it sounds a lot more cumbersome than it is.
      Thanks 4 the info!!

Comment

Working...
      X