Exercise and Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise and Tecfidera

I am pretty active, but have taken a couple weeks off to get used to my new medication. Is anyone on Tec also do cardio activity like jogging, cycling? If so, how is the flushing and anything that I should know before I try exercise out on Tec. I am on day 9 total ...so I just moved up to the full dose 2 days ago.

I went to the gym regularly when I was on Tec. I'm not hard-core but it was fine for me. I never experienced flushing just severe GI issues about 5 days into the higher does. I'm planning on going back on Tec in July (maybe earlier.. I've to a 90 day supply here at home) and planning on it not slowing down my normal life. HTH

Blessing,
    Kristin

Comment

Its day 21 for me! I am SLOWLY trying to get back into exercising. Before Christmas I was swimming about one mile 3 times a week. It is the only cardio I can do. ( I was a little Nemo as a kid and MS helped give me a Push back into the pool). I had back surgery in September and it help me to recover. Then in January I had a flare up with my back (and my MS ..MRI shoed new lesion at T 10 and in my brain)

I started to do my back strengtening exercises and some little weights for my arms. I hope to be back swiming by June!

I am still experience flushing and some GI symptoms. Some days are better than others. It hits me in waves which sre becoming more predictable. I take my Tec at 9&9. I will flush and get stomach pains about 4 hours and 8 hours after taking it. It seems worse after am does which hits me pretty hard if I dont eat. So I am sticking to a regular eating schedule. My plan is to swim between 10 and 11 am so that I am home and dressed before the wave hits me. And I am hopeful that my body will adjust and the Tec symptoms will go away Speaking of the devil..its Tec time right now
      Sunshine
      RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Working...
      X