New to Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Tecfidera

I started yesterday. I took my first pill at around 10am and by 4pm I was experiencing flushing and itching. It went away within an hour or so. I took my second pill before bed with no problems through he night. I did the same thing this morning and around 5pm the symptoms started. Anyone else have these symptoms in the beginning? Have they stopped our are you still getting them?

@dlsal

Welcome & Congrats!
    If you read through all the tecfidera posts you will hear similar side-effects.

Flushing, itching, gerggle gut and possible bowel issues.

Here is what I have done to minimize the side effects.:
    - take after breakfast 6am ish
    - take after dinner 6pm ish
    - flushing, bowel and prickly feeling seem to correlate with empty stomach.
    - some people are taking aspirin before. I did not and didn't experience any bad headaches.

I get vivid dreams alot if I take most medications too late before bed 10am.

Hope this helps sum up all of us fellow tecfidera users but read through all these posts they are very helpful.

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

hi, I had flushing and a full body rash after the first pill and that was it. I am on day 22. I have had other little things but very minor. GI problems are possible. I had some gurgling after starting the 240 but no biggie. I have been very happy so far!!! Best of luck!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Working...
      X