A panoply of side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A panoply of side effects

So here I am at Day 13. Yesterday wasn't good, even though I've been reading this board I wasn't prepared for the pile-up of side effects I experienced yesterday: dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, no appetite, upset stomach, flushing/warm pricklies, insomnia, all on top of each other. The one remedy that really helped was good old MMJ (with the first three side effects, anyway).

I left work mid-day but was determined to come in today. Too much to do. Trying to come up with strategies for dealing with the nausea at the office -- the meditation technique of controlled breathing definitely quells the feeling. I just keep telling myself that this is only temporary, once my brain and body are acclimated to the new med, most of the side effects will no longer trouble me.

I'm in awe of you! WTG and hopefully things settle down soon.

Comment

@Mt

Sorry to hear of all your side effects. Maybe I can help you eliminate some things.

- Good call on the MMJ. Works for me. Sadly I can't get enough of it.

- Was this your 1st prescribed medication? If not what were you on before?

- Are you JC+

- Are you considered under or over weight? Are you following a strong MS diet with low saturated fats.

- Tecfidera is a slow release through the intestines and other people along with myself have had very little to no side effects taking it after a meal. I have felt much better after coming off Rebif. I am on my 10th day on the 240mg.

- I would also read up on the SWANKS diet that has been refined over the years and proves + results. It takes dedication and you will have to give up a lot of foods.

- GAPS diet is a diet I follow slightly modified with SWANKS with juicing 2-3x a day.

Maybe we could all help more if you tell us a little bit about your diagnoses, med history etc...
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Sleepless in Seattle. .I mean Greensboro!

I am on day11. I have all the above as well. The insomia is new as of the last two days. Thanks to a multiple drug cocktail I can fall asleep but the last two nights I have woken up at 4:00 am and cannot get back to sleep IWednesday night I was so hot and itch like bad sun burn. I took my pm dose about 7:30 soo you'd think 8 hours later I wouldn't have that issue. I already deal with fatigue...so I feel like a zombie..a Hot Flushing Sunburned Zombie The fire is cranking up as I type..8hours after am dose
        Sunshine
        RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Thanks durgastiger. Diagnosed in 1998, was on Copaxone since 2001, just switched to Tec two weeks ago. I don't know what JC+ is, is that in the list of abbreviations? I'll check.

I tried Swank when I was first diagnosed, and still avoid sat fats, but after a major attack in 2001, I went on Copaxone and sort of gave up on the idea that I could deal with this with just diet and exercise.

Others have suggested plenty of hydration so I will try to do that.

I weigh 162, have lost a couple of pounds in the past few days because no appetite. My wife (who is over 200) thinks I'm way underweight.

I've tried waiting until after a meal to take the capsule but it hasn't really helped. Not that my meals have been much to speak of lately.

I live in Maine where MMJ is legal. Even that didn't help last night. But as I go into week three, I just keep hoping that I'm going to start feeling better.

Thank you for the advice!

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
          Sorry to hear of all your side effects. Maybe I can help you eliminate some things.

- Good call on the MMJ. Works for me. Sadly I can't get enough of it.

- Was this your 1st prescribed medication? If not what were you on before?

- Are you JC+

- Are you considered under or over weight? Are you following a strong MS diet with low saturated fats.

- Tecfidera is a slow release through the intestines and other people along with myself have had very little to no side effects taking it after a meal. I have felt much better after coming off Rebif. I am on my 10th day on the 240mg.

- I would also read up on the SWANKS diet that has been refined over the years and proves + results. It takes dedication and you will have to give up a lot of foods.

- GAPS diet is a diet I follow slightly modified with SWANKS with juicing 2-3x a day.

Maybe we could all help more if you tell us a little bit about your diagnoses, med history etc...

Comment

I can relate. If you can. Hang in there for the first month and see what happens. That's what I keep telling myself.

Comment

Working...
            X