Burning stomach anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning stomach anyone?

I'm almost done with week 2 (first week at 240) and yesterday and today I have had the worst stomach burning feeling but just after my morning pill and today it is lingering now over 8 hours. I haven't eaten a whole lot as I was rushing yesterday morning and today. I'm wondering if I just need to eat something more substantial than a cup of greek yogurt.

The first couple of days on 240 I had a couple oops bm's... not much but enough that my system knew something was different. That has tapered off thankfully.

If this is all that goes "wrong" then I'm good but I'd love to go back to nothing wrong.

Yes

I was fine on the half dose, but after about 4 days on the full dose I am also experiencing the burning along with nausea.

I am hoping it will go away with time. I have been taking the Tecfidera with food per my Dr.

I hope you go back to no burning soon.
    And even though the moment passed me by I still can't turn away
    'Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
    Got tossed along the way

Comment

Yes, I been havig the same problem. Stared this weekend. I just started 240mg today. I have to make myself eat small frequent meals. Crackers help as does mylanta tablets.

Hopefully this too shall pass ( no pun intended)
      Sunshine
      RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Sorry yall are experiencing this too but glad I'm not alone. Just yesterday evening I've got flu-like symptoms too... achey and was really cold but overnight I got really hot. I think I'll call the Tec nurse and see what s/he says about all this.

Blessings,
        Kristin

Comment

I did, and I think I have a cure (for me).

It started after I weaned myself off of Zantac, which I was using for an allergic reaction the same weeks I was starting Tecfidera. (It's an antihistamine in addition to a tummy med.) When I take 1/2 a Zantac with or shortly before Tecfidera, no burning. When I don't, intense, horrible pain.

I know what I'm choosing.

Comment

I like the idea of Zantac; I had popped something like 4-6 tums yesterday.

I talked to someon at Active Source and said all this is normal, including the lousy flu-like feeling. Some people go back down to 120 for a while or forever. I just don't know if I can be only of those people. I am so achy and my stomach is just now not killing me. I'll talk with my dr's nurse hopefully soon and find out what he wants for me. I was so hoping Tec was for me but I cannot go through these side effects. I'm so lucky today is a day off from school.

Blessings, Kristin

Comment

I called my neuro's office today and was told taking Zantac with Tecfidera is totally OK. You can get it duper cheap at Costco in the generic form if it works for you.

Comment

Took Zantec as well

A week with the 1/2 med and i hit wicked acid reflux, haven't needed a tums in years. First time tried tums, acid kept me up all night, went to zantec. Had four days of that now nothing since. I had jalapenos that weekend, attributed that to it, love them but will stay away from now on. Another post said they hit it drinking OJ, so far seems a combo of the med and foods. 30 days in and after the 4 haven't needed a zantec since
                Diagnosed 9/2010, copaxone 10/10, avonex 10/12

Comment

Working...
                X