insurance nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance nightmare

Where do I begin... 2 weeks ago I received my starter pack from Bio Services not my specialty pharmacy.

Well I thought all was Great until today. I will be on my last dosage of 240mg tomorrow, so I called my specialty pharmacy Diplomat and they informed me that my insurance company is denying coverage of this med.

OMG, seriously... they had told me last month that it was approved. How can this be? I called my insurance company and they said when it was approved last month is was done in error and this med is not on their approved list of drugs.

I can not believe this. What am I suppose to do now? Biogen is trying to help, but I don't know what really can be done and it may take several days to find anything out. Which means I will have to stop the drug for who knows how long.

I just want to scream....... I hate BCBS with a passion.

Biogen can certainly send you more meds. On the Quick Start form it says that the 240 mg can be renewed 4 times., or at least that is the way I am reading it, and I have the actual form that is used by Biogen. When they sent me my Quick Start I got 1 bottle of 120mg with 14 pills and a bottle of 60 pills at 240mg. I just figued they were out of the actual "Started Pack" or they didn't want have to deal with me

I also have BCBS with Medco Accredo as my specialty pharmacy. I finally got call from them Friday saying that my script is coming tomorrow but its only good for 1 month because the med wasn't in the "system" yet so they had to override it to get preautherization done. And they'll have to preautherization it again next month.

Call BiogenMSActive Source asap 1-800-456-2255. Good luck!!
    Sunshine
    RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

I had a similar experience with my insurance, to the point where I was a few doses away from finishing my starter pack. No one let me know that both of my insurance companies denied my claim. I had to call Biogen repetedly to finally get on the $10 copay program. I was annoyed more because they made it seem like it was a relatively easy process once you got prescribed Tecfidera, but that was far from the case.

Definitely keep calling Biogen! You're not the only one who has had to deal with an insurance disaster.

Comment

Thanks for the replays. It helps knowing I'm not the only one.

I will definitely keep calling Biogen.

Comment

Working...
        X