dizziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dizziness

This isn't listed anywhere as a side effect, and I don't see it in this forum, but I started Tecfidera 4 days ago and I've been having a strange dizziness since day 2. It's always when I first awake, I'll look over at the alarm clock and all of a sudden my head is spinning. Then I shut my eyes and take a breath and it goes away, but then when I get up it sometimes happens one more time before I'm fully awake. Then not again for the rest of the day.

My wife says it's just my brain adjusting to the new change in chemistry, but she doesn't really know. Anybody else experience anything like this?

Just a thought-could it just be spring allergies? I know here in the north east everything bloomed at once and allergies are a kickin-lol. And my normal allergy season has the dizziness. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Comment

I am on day 3 and have been having more intense dizzieness and feeling waves of ickyness and my headaches are more intense too. I was having issues with it before starting Tec. But today its definitely worse. If I lay down it gets better. I am on the sofa now with ginger sle and a small snack. At least the Flushing isnt nearly as bad today..Not such a Red Hot Mama, today its more of a Glowing Couch Potatoe

Hope you feel better!
      Sunshine
      RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

I've had that sensation a few times, I think the longest was last weekend when it lasted for around 15 minutes. I just stay still until it passes. I've had intermittent vertigo in the past so I know eventually it will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkc3031 View Post
          Just a thought-could it just be spring allergies? I know here in the north east everything bloomed at once and allergies are a kickin-lol. And my normal allergy season has the dizziness. Good luck and please keep us posted.
          No, it's not seasonal allergies. This morning it came over me as I was bending down to look at something, fell right over! I guess it's a kind of comfort to hear others are experiencing the dizziness, but I can't say I'm very happy about it. Had the flushing today for the first time too, it's like taking a niacin pill. That wasn't a big deal. This is day 6, wonder if the side effects are going to be more pronounced when I start the higher dose in two days...

Comment

Knock wood, a week into full dose, still no side effects sorry you are still experiencing dizziness. Hope it goes away soon.

Comment

Working...
            X