Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have U felt a positive difference in your system be cause of Tecfidera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have U felt a positive difference in your system be cause of Tecfidera?

Without hope there's nothing.

I was not expecting to feel a difference but then I thought I noticed a small difference in my legs..........being able to walk down the stairs easier in the morning. I start the 240 on Saturday so I wonder if I will feel a difference......that would be a bonus but again I am not expecting anything. Just want it to slow down progression. Best of luck!! Hope you are feeling a positive difference!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Hubs said that it is my imagination, but I definitely feel subtle differences. My balance seems to be getting better. I feel like my fog moments are decreasing. I have a bit more energy, and my heat sensitivity (especially humidity) is not as bad as it was this time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by tracibk View Post
        I was not expecting to feel a difference but then I thought I noticed a small difference in my legs..........being able to walk down the stairs easier in the morning. I start the 240 on Saturday so I wonder if I will feel a difference......that would be a bonus but again I am not expecting anything. Just want it to slow down progression. Best of luck!! Hope you are feeling a positive difference!
        Good for you! That is great news.I've been on Tysabri for 4 years and PML concerns me.I feel it's time for Tecfidera.To take pills at home beats going to an infusion center.

I know Tecfidera is only 50% as effective as Ty but if I can avoid PML it would be well worth it.

Comment

Wonder if some positive effect may be due to coming off meds with worse side effects? If Tecfidera is a bit more effective and has less lousy side effects than other meds it will likely become quite popular.

Comment

Originally posted by msesq View Post
            I was wondering the same thing. Hubs said that it is my imagination, but I definitely feel subtle differences. My balance seems to be getting better. I feel like my fog moments are decreasing. I have a bit more energy, and my heat sensitivity (especially humidity) is not as bad as it was this time last year.
            Even if it's your imagination it's a positive thing.My Neuro always tests me walking at his office.He'll time my speed.That's usually a good barometer.See what your Neuro says.

Comment

My experience with Tecfidera

I was on Copaxone then Reibf. I went to a new neurologist and he tested me for an Interferon anti-body and sure enough I was elevated. So apparently Copaxone and Rebif were not working for awhile.

Plan-B. I started taking Ampyra, Tizanidine which still makes me sleepy so I take it at nite.

So I'm into day #12 with Tecfidera and...
              1.) less stiffness just being off of Rebif, less depression, no more flu-like symptoms.
              2.) yes decreased spaciness, more strength in ankles, better heel strikes but gate still weak but core getting stronger.
              3.) walk without cane. short distances
              4.) better rest and more control with urination
              5.) I have also found a diet, gym, aikido, yoga, meditation that works for me.
              6.) My skin and blood flow feel good also.

* Before my month supply is up I get bloodwork to check liver, kidneys and WBC.

KEEP CALM AND TECFIDERA ON
              I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
                I was on Copaxone then Reibf. I went to a new neurologist and he tested me for an Interferon anti-body and sure enough I was elevated. So apparently Copaxone and Rebif were not working for awhile.

Plan-B. I started taking Ampyra, Tizanidine which still makes me sleepy so I take it at nite.

So I'm into day #12 with Tecfidera and...
                1.) less stiffness just being off of Rebif, less depression, no more flu-like symptoms.
                2.) yes decreased spaciness, more strength in ankles, better heel strikes but gate still weak but core getting stronger.
                3.) walk without cane. short distances
                4.) better rest and more control with urination
                5.) I have also found a diet, gym, aikido, yoga, meditation that works for me.
                6.) My skin and blood flow feel good also.

* Before my month supply is up I get bloodwork to check liver, kidneys and WBC.

KEEP CALM AND TECFIDERA ON
                Goof for you! Did you ever consider Tysabri?

Comment

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                  Wonder if some positive effect may be due to coming off meds with worse side effects? If Tecfidera is a bit more effective and has less lousy side effects than other meds it will likely become quite popular.
                  Sounds like Tecfidera could be that "wonder" drug.

Comment

@ MS Man

Originally posted by ms man View Post
                    Goof for you! Did you ever consider Tysabri?
                    Goof or Good lol!
                    I get my bloodwork done tomorrow and I will see what my levels are. I am JC+ but my neurologist is a researcher with Tysabri and has an infusion center in his office. It is an option and my next MRI is in 3 months so if I have more lesions or seem to be getting worse I most likely will switch.

My 5 year plan is based on all the new research and 1,2 and 3rd phase trials with other meds in the pipeline.

Can I get a year or two out of tecfidera? Then switch to tysabri for 1-3 years maybe. Hoping the next med being out by then. This is my game plan if MS plays along and my body holds up on tecfidera & or tysabri.

keep calm and tecfidera on.
                    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
                      Goof or Good lol!
                      I get my bloodwork done tomorrow and I will see what my levels are. I am JC+ but my neurologist is a researcher with Tysabri and has an infusion center in his office. It is an option and my next MRI is in 3 months so if I have more lesions or seem to be getting worse I most likely will switch.

My 5 year plan is based on all the new research and 1,2 and 3rd phase trials with other meds in the pipeline.

Can I get a year or two out of tecfidera? Then switch to tysabri for 1-3 years maybe. Hoping the next med being out by then. This is my game plan if MS plays along and my body holds up on tecfidera & or tysabri.

keep calm and tecfidera on.
                      LOL.Typing is not an MS patient's forte'.

Comment

Working...
                      X