Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAS ANYONE MADE IT PAST DAY 12 ON BG-12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAS ANYONE MADE IT PAST DAY 12 ON BG-12?

I got to day 12 and had to stop. The side effects were making me non- functional. The stomach pain was intense.

Side effects

I'm on my 3rd week, no stomach problems, just bad flushing. I'm sticking with it for now.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Lena. I know all about drugs making you nonfunctional. My "pain management" doc added Keppra to my other meds. I thought I was coming down with the flu. Couldn't hardly lift my head off the pillow. I was ok the first 3 days then it knocked me on my butt. No fun. I call the doc. He said to stop it until I felt better then give it another try, but the same thing happen. I told him I would deal with my back pain until after I start Tecf. And see how I do with it. Suppose to get a starter kit Tuesday...

I hope you find something that works better for you!
      Sunshine
      RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

I don't tolerate a lot of meds. I think it's because I'm include lots of veggies in my diet, low appetite person.

I'm wondering if it could be diet or eating habits of those experiencing problems with 'digestion' that might explain the digestive problems.

I haven't decided on BG-12 yet. I had blood draw Friday to determine if I'm in the high risk 'ratio' for developing CJV based on my +PML status. I'm on Ty 2yrs, and experienced major rebound twice. I think my doc wants me off Ty.

Comment

I'm on day 12 now, just took my second dose. So far I haven't had major issues. My stomach has bothered me a bit, mostly with gas and indigestion. I get a weird itch/flush sensation every day at around 2 that last for a half hour or so. Other than those few issues I have no complaints. I'm grateful because this was my med of last resort, and I honestly think that if things didn't work I would have given up on DMD's for awhile.

Comment

Day #9 for me

Felling good rolling into day #10. The redness seems to be universal, some itching but that's it. Feeling good, blood flowing north south... east and west for sure!!!Any guys experience this also?

I'm also on Ampyra & Tizanidine. Walked without my cane today and went for a bike ride.

I'm also on a modified GAPS diet, Juicing 2,3x a day, Doing yoga, meditating , aikido and the gym. Keep active creatively and reading consistantly every day.

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Corona and nachos today!
            I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

I'm on day 21 and no side effects thank God! I'm surprised because I'm tiny and weak lol ugh.

Comment

MiZz_JoEy, so glad to hear you aren't having problems, contrats.

Also, you sort-of answered my question about possible digestion problems for small/petite patients. Relieved to hear that bit of info.

Comment

On day ten, knock wood, no side effects. Good luck!

Comment

Day 21? You go Mizz!

Originally posted by MiZz_JoEy View Post
                    I'm on day 21 and no side effects thank God! I'm surprised because I'm tiny and weak lol ugh.
                    Is this your first med?
                    I'm on day #10!

Keep us posted. All the best tiny one!
                    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

I am on day 5 and I only had the first 2 days flushing like a bad sunburn that's when I started taking it with food. Since then no side effects. Good luck hope it improves for you. Also this is my first medication never been on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MSW1963 View Post
                        MiZz_JoEy, so glad to hear you aren't having problems, contrats.

Also, you sort-of answered my question about possible digestion problems for small/petite patients. Relieved to hear that bit of info.
                        Thanks! I'm 5'3 108 lbs. when I relapsed bad late last year I went down to 91 lbs. Steroids helped me look normal again. I was worried that my stomach wouldn't handle anything but I take the Tecfidera with food. I haven't tried it without food and don't want to find out if it will effect me in a negative way!

Comment

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
                          Is this your first med?
                          I'm on day #10!

Keep us posted. All the best tiny one!
                          Thank you so much! I am tiny lol..my momma calls me Chuparosa which is hummingbird in Spanish.

This is actually my first med for MS. I was diagnosed in December and my doctor was holding off on starting treatment so I could start with this pill instead of injections. I was on steroids for 3 months or so.
                          How are you doing so far?

Comment

On day 17.
                            Nausea and stomach bloating after morning dose.
                            Lasts for an hour, then gone.
                            No other side effects.
                            Hoping my body is adjusting to new medication after 4 years on Copaxone. Feel liberated without daily injection.

Comment

Has anyone seen tecfidera can cause PML? I saw 4 cases listed so far, but not for the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X