Still in limbo land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still in limbo land

I am still..not so patiently..waiting. its getting down right laughable if I wasn't so POed: My doc faxed my script 15 days ago to Bioge/ Tecf. They sent it to the WRONG speciality pharmacy Caremark, even though it was clearly marked that I had Medco Accedo. The lady at Caremark called me to say Medco require preautherization which my doc office got and sent to them. Then when Caremark tried to fill it they were told..oh my Copay would be high going out of network. We found this our last Friday. The Caremark said she'd fax it to Accedo...in the mean time I have called all parties trying to clear up the mess. Today I get a call from Accedo asking me who my doc was because they needed a script for Tecfidera. ? What..did you not get the one..no make that 2 faxes that were sent to you!! I gave them my doc office and the name of the phar tech in the office so now we are back to squard one!! I just hope I can tolerate this Med, becwuse all I have gone through is fankly getting on my last Netve. Go figure..
    Sunshine
    RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Sunshine, I know they diagnosed you in '05, it says you are still in Limbo???, but you are taking a DMD? If you are back in limbo why are they giving you a DMD at all?

After that, I am sorry about your having to wait. I understand the medication "go round" and not being able to tolerate them.

I did OK on Copaxone for a few years, but kept pilling on the lesions so they switched me to Rebif which gave me bone marrow failure and made my liver enzymes low. Now I am on Tysabri and it gives me some kind of bizarre face rash. I mean GOOD GRIEF!

Good luck with Tec!
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I think she means 'limbo' as far as getting Tecfidera.

Sunshine, I had the exact same thing happen to me! I don't know what it is with Biogen sending stuff to Caremark. I still don't know what my coverage is.

Comment

Hang in there Sunshine.

My RX had many wrong turns also. I was getting discouraged, but I hope to receive it today.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation..... BCBS approved on April 8 then when rechecked by Walgreens Spec. they have denied. Dont' know what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
            they switched me to Rebif which gave me bone marrow failure
            Sunshine, I'm really sorry you are having this kind of frustration, shouldn't be allowed, its bullying IMO.

I apologize for using this thread to ask Lisa a question.... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??? It sounds downright terrifying!!! How does that happen?

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Me too...

My prescription doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, either. 10 days ago I was told that the paperwork had been sent to the specialty pharmacy and when I called yesterday to inquire on the status, I was told that it hadn't been "entered" into the system yet.

Basically, I was told that there were a lot of prescriptions and that they were being handled in the order received. I am trying to be patient...(it isn't going so well.)

Comment

Nice to know I am not alone, but I hate it for all of us. I know my doc has re-faxed the script so I hope to hear from Accredo today or tomorrow. I will have been off Copaxson for 3 weeks tomorrow so my doc said I can start them as soon as they come in.

Lisa, I guess using " Limbo" was a confusing choice of words. Limbo over getting Tecfidera. Unfortunately I definitely have had MS for over 8 year, probably much longer, but I got dx'd March of 2005. And I am a RN on disablity as well
                Sunshine

Comment

Has anyone else gotten info/stuff sent??

Biogen has sent me two fedex packages now. One with a pill sorter and the second with a "getting started" booklet.

No drugs but lots of info...

Comment

2 weeks

I was waiting for the pharmacy or MS Active Source to call me for 2 weeks after my doc faxed in the order. I called and found out that on the form they had mispelled my name. Luckily its been worked out and I am supposed to receive it on Friday 5/3.
                    Since I already met my deductible my co-pay was $0.
                    I was in the co-pay assistance program with Tysabri.
                    They said that if I was in it with Ty then I would be eligible for it with Tecfidera.
                    Does anyone know what the cost for Tecfidera is for 1 month if I wasnt on the co-pay assist program?

Comment

I got the started doses.

My neuro had me on a 1 month wash out. So I am now on my 4th day of 120mg then 3 weeks of 240mg then I will see what is next maybe blood work.

I was freaking out also but now I see that my neuro ws following protocol of 1 month wash out. I did tell my neuro I use i-core pharmacy and they helped me get approved for $10.00 co-pay.

4th day no side effects feeling good, much better just being off Rebif.

If you were on a med before figure a month it seems this is what all neuros are following.

I also got a cute pill holder for the BG-12. I also play the maracas with the GB12.

keep calm and tecfidera on!!!!
                      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

LONG WAIT COMMON

I was at my neuro yesterday at the Partners MS Center in Boston. While waiting to check out at the phone bank area I overheard the three different operators all trying to help people who have been prescribed and have not received, 3-4 weeks in.

When it was my turn to check out the person who took me said he feels as if he has his hands tied in knots concerning the delivery of Tec. Everyone's getting a long wait, so hang in there.

Comment

Seething about Now

Ok guys I am sorry to vent but I am seething mad!! If you have seen my previous threads you will understand that I am having a Nightmare with getting my meds. I called Accedo again today who says they still don't have script from my doctor, but showed a the script faxed on 4/26 and its under protocall review. WHAT??

And it can take 8 days for them to investigate...so I tried to be as pleasent as I could and said that they should have recieved one directly from my doctors office. She politely said that they would call when they were ready to ship. So, I thought I would call Active Source/Tecfidera and see if they could help me. After waiting on the phone for 15 minutes I got though.

I told the lady what was going on and said that there was nothing they could do. When I told her that they sent my script to the wrong place she said.." no, we sent to carescritp(?) who sent it to Caremark..not us..***!! (no I didn't say ***just goes to show you where My thoughts were headed)

Martha a rep I talk to last Friday said someone from Biogen faxed it Caremark. She said that she couldnt do anything that once a script is been faxed twice it becomes invalid. I told her that I was now off my Meds for 3 weeks and it maybe another week or more wasn't there anything she could do.."you will have to call your doctor to make sure they faxed it.."

I told her I would not bother them again because I knew she had done everything right..and She said"we are bombared with scripts .."..that is when I LOST it! I said that Wasn't my problem and if they had Faxed it to the right place to begin with we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I also said I had Never had a problem with Rebif, Tysabri, or Copaxson and that I was just about fed up with this and am tempted to just go back to Copaxson I told her I'd been off my meds 3 weeks now and it looks like it will be another weekmor more and it was then said she would send an email..to who I do not know..I just called for help..so much for customer service

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
                          Sunshine

Comment

Hi Sunshine.
                            Sending hugs.

I was very frustrated with the fax issues also. I was told once they receive the faxes, then they have to scan them. It can take days.

I spent over 1 1/2 hrs on the phone one day.

Keep calling the pharmacy just to check status. And be extra kind to the busy reps. The squeeky wheel...

The sales were twice+ what was expected. I think they were overwhelmed.

Sorry this doesnt help with your "washout" issue.

Hope you get your meds soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow63 View Post
                              I was told once they receive the faxes, then they have to scan them.
                              What an incredibly lame excuse! They're just too damn cheap to buy a fax machine that will automatically do it for them...
                              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
                              X