Bleeding Gums Rebif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Gums Rebif?

I had my teeth cleaned before I started Rebif and I've had 4 injections @ 8.8mcg. My gums have been bleeding since. Anybody else have this. Going to call the nurse Monday. Just curious.

Thanks....
    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

It's interesting that you mention this because I had a tortilla chip jam between a tooth and the gum line and that area has been bleeding lightly when I brush for months now.

Comment

Nurses response

Hi BrianB

My nurse called back and she said it's not a real common side effect but a couple of her other patience had that too especially when they flossed. She told me just to be gentle and if it gets any worse to let her know. Be I just went to the dentist and everything was picture perfect I thought this might be the Rebif. I have one more week on the 8.8mcgs and then WOO-HOO titrate to the 22mcgs. The day after I only get a slight headache and nausea. Not too bad. Hope that's it as I bump up. I had posted on another thread but I remember you wanted to know how I did. The shot is totally painless and easy to do. I'm using the auto injector. Hope you are doing ok as well. Are you RRMS?
      Thanks for your help and concern. Have a pleasant day.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Interesting.. I honestly overlook almost anything slightly random that happens except that cancer lump but thats over now as well.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. The nausea and headache should be controllable with aleve, tylenol or ibuprofen before and I've heard which one works is different per person.

I'm diagnosed with RRMS, nothing too exciting or unique really besides a good fortune story regarding MS. I was just competing this weekend in 97 degree desert weather for 9 hours each day with no shade and I hope you are as lucky in avoiding fatigue.

Comment

Working...
        X