Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Crack open the champagne!Rebif

Hi all!!!!

Wanted to let you know yesterday was my first shot. The nurse spent 2 1/2 hours at my house and I took Marco's advice to have a friend take notes and be a second ear for me. The nurse was an absolute riot and made a new friend. Seriously, it was a piece of cake. It took me two practices and I did it! The dose is 8.8mcgs and the only thing I experienced was a bit of nausea. I'm super sensitve to medication. When I woke up the shot site area was nothing but a little pimple. I will not be doing shots in the arms being I'm very thin. The shot did not hurt one BIT!! I'm using the auto-injector and the click and sound did not startle me. I had gone on youtube.com and some of those people is what really scared me.

Now the big question is as you titrate to higher doses will that affect me differently or should I not even think about that. I feel I'm off to a great beginning and want to let you ALL know your support and words of wisdom helped me in so many different ways. They are going to keep close watch on my depression being I've had severe bouts with that. Again.....thanks for everything and I hope someday the more experience I get with this disease the more I can help people with support, kindness and intelligence like all of you.

Have a wonderful week
    Much:
    Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Way to go, Susie Q! I am so glad to hear it went so well. I know after I learned I could give myself injections I felt pretty darn tough. I hope you are feeling more in control now.

As you titrate up, you may experience more side effects, or you may not--everybody is different. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. You clearly tolerated the first dose very very well.

Hooray!

Comment

Great news Susie

Sometimes the anxiety build up is more painful - not to mention stressful - than the shot itself. My husband had to give me shots for an entire month before I was able to go solo!

I hope as you titrate up, it will be smooth sailing~~
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Alicious and Seasha! My friend Rick was to come and be with me but his son got ill so it was great having my best friend (former boss) with me. YES.....I feel relieved.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS

Comment

Woohoo!!! I am so glad things went well for you. Over time, you'll continue to learn and make minor adjustments, but you now know you got this. I am also sure, that you have already helped more people than you can imagine.

Keep shining ...

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Marco! Your'e the BEST!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

Working...
            X