Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thyroid Complications with Rebif

Hi!

Finally my insurance approved me for REBIF but don't know exactly when I will begin. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their thyroid with the medication? I've had a hyper-active one since 2008. It's been pretty much stable and would like to keep it that way. Any comments would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

I have central hypothyroidism, and took rebif for a while. It never changed my thyroid numbers or symptoms. I was stable in that way the whole time. I took the same thyroid tablets at the same dose. I had several problems with my blood count though.

Best of luck!
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Blood problems

What type of blood problems? Did you feel rebif was a good choice?

Thanks,
      Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

After starting rebif, me thyroid went wonky. Coincidence? I don't know. But I have to have an FNA done every six months now. My levels that should be 30 or so were up to 440.

Could be autoimmune related too. Hard to know.

Comment

I never took Rebif, however while on Copaxone I developed nodules on my thyroid.

This resulted in the removal of the thyroid because there were too many on there to totally rule out cancer. I was fortunate that no cancer was found.

Comment

WOW!!!! Hobbitt that's unreal!!! and Traceym I have 3 small nodules already. I guess I'll have to have blood draws more often. My attitude is good but man-o-man this makes me a bit nervous. I'm know you all understand. Hobbitt did it make go into hyper or hypo?

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

I had been going back and forth, but now that I am off I am stabilizing. Of course, no getting rid of this big nodule that may or may not be something to worry about. Bahhhh.

I guess you just have to laugh about it.

Comment

You are so right. BA-HA-BA-HA!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS

Comment

My Thyroid nodules

have disappeared. They were first discovered over 15 years ago.

Comment

Thanks Itstomuch. That is interesting. I wish our MS would disappear.

/Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS

Comment

Working...
                    X