New to Rebidose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Rebidose

I'll be switching to the Rebidose pens in the next few weeks. I'd previously been on Gilenya and Tecfidera and have never had to give myself shots before.

Does anyone have any tips / tricks to help make it less painful / stressful and on how to minimize the flu like symptoms?

My doc recommended taking some ibuprofen shortly before injections but that was it.

Thanks in advance!!

When I first started taking them I'd have and ice pack ready to ice down the injection site afterwards. I took the shots right before bed so I could have the flu mostly in my sleep.

Also, call the Rebif nurses at mslifelines, they are very supportive and will give you lots of tips.

Comment

I take an aleve before taking my shot. Warm compress on the spot I'm going to inject and go to bed. Never have had flu like symptoms. If I do I'm asleep. I also massage the area afterwards. Hope this helps

Comment

I was on the Rebiject pen before and had to stop my Rebif for the summer due to an allergic reaction to another medication. I just started back on Rebif in September and now have the Rebidose. I definitely get flu like symptoms but can minimize them by drinking lots of water on injection nights and taking some tylenol before bed. I'm pretty fair skinned, so the red welts are the worst for me. I'll take them if it means my MRIs remain stable though! Best of luck to you!
        Julie
        DX 11/9/11
        Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

Comment

I do my shots in the early evening after a warm shower, and I premedicate with Tylenol. Afterward, I ice the area for a few minutes. It seems to reduce both pain and the red marks from the shot. I find if I take my shot too late, I wake up feeling like dirt.

If I can't do them after a shower, like if I'm at work, I still do a warm compress beforehand.
          Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
          Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
          Gilenya since 11/2014.
          Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
          EDSS 3.

Comment

rebif dose #1

Well today was my first injection of rebif. I must say that I had hyped myself scared stupid. It is nothing to inject, so easy. The rebif nurse was here and help me feel comfortable, and ease my stress. Now I feel confident to doing by myself. With everything MS does to us, no wonder I was scared.
            Hope everyone has same experience as I did. So far, no headache no redness.

Comment

just had my first injection today; having some flu like symptoms; mainly painful joints etc....not too bad so far though

Comment

Rebif

Well almost done week 2 of Rebif, I am quite pleased all in all. No side effects, minor redness, which is delightful. If it does it job, I am quite content. No headaches/flu symptoms. I take before retiring for night, so if flu aches come I am usually sleeping (usually). Sleep can be tough some nights, just get comfy and have to pee again. Ugh.
                Have a great day all.
                Sue
                I have MS, but MS doesn't have me.

Comment

Working...
                X