Hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair loss

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or not. I have been on rebif now since Feb 2013 and I have noticed hair loss. Didn't know if there was anything anyone took to help with this.

Hair loss is listed in the side effects for Rebif. I've heard drs. recommend Rogaine. I know some people take various supplements, I just don't know how effective any of them really are. I haven't had much luck with them. I've also heard of something called a "Hairmax" lasercomb (you can find it on Amazon), but kind of pricey for something that may not work.

Hopefully, your body will adjust to the medicine and this side effect will stop. (I'm having similar issues with a different DMD).

Try using a sulfate-free shampoo. Doesn't stop it, but slows down the process a tad bit. I also use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush.

Best wishes,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

hi,
      I have been on rebif since 2005. I started with the hair loss a few months after starting. I have taken biotin for years and had no results. I have been told that the growing cycle and falling out cycle are no longer in sync due to rebif and my thyroid. I would love to tell you it finally has stopped but I cannot. Places on my head are very thin. I was tramatized by this for years, it's a horrible experience.
      Since the rebif is doing it's job I am sticking it out. Hang in there and know you are not alone. Back when I was going through this NO ONE even knew what I was talking about. I have never seen hair loss written in anything put out by rebif.

Comment

Thank you for the help. Its just frustrating as a women when I have always had thick beautiful hair and now it just looks blah. I am going to try some supplements whats it going to hurt.

Comment

How do you know Rebif is working?

Polly,

How do you know that Rebif is doing its job? Did you have a lengthy period of no DMDs to which you can compare?

I just started Rebif, and it's been rough so far. I went three years with no DMDs and relaspes every few months, so I'll know whether or not Rebif helps after 6 month or so.

--Greg
          RRMS since July 2010.

Comment

how do you know rebif is working

gbash

I know rebif is working because in 2005 I had an aggressive case. I went on rebif, and I have had no flares, no new or active lesions since. I am now told it is moderate. Unless there was some miracle that happened that I'm unaware of, the rebif is working.
            Like I've said previously, it is no walk in the park and there are issues, but I like walking which I couldn't do, I like being able to think and follow directions etc. All of which I couldn't do. Do I like rebif? NO, but I'll stick with the devil I know vs. playing Russian roulette.

Comment

Originally posted by jbrigich14 View Post
              I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or not. I have been on rebif now since Feb 2013 and I have noticed hair loss. Didn't know if there was anything anyone took to help with this.
              I had lots of hair loss on Beta. So much so that I had to switch meds to Rebif. Over 100 hairs just from showering. Not a side effect I was willing to deal with. I have only been on it a little over a month and I am still having hair loss. I was told to give it a couple months to be sure it wasn't lasting effects from Beta. I'll let you know if it stops.

Comment

Working...
              X