Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif Too Hot At Night

Hi,

Has anyone else found, that 6 months or so, after starting Rebif, they wake very hot in the night?

I am also hypothyroid, and have my levels checked on a regular basis, because I know that Rebif can interefere with my levels. My levels are good.

This is the complete opposite of what I felt before Rebif.

I was always cold.

TIA

Sydney

Hey Sidney,
    Rebif gave me fever and chills for the first few months. I would keep a couple ibuprofen and a glass of water by the bed so I could take them when it woke me up. Now I take generic Aleve before i have my shot, and I don't wake up at night from Rebif side effects. I have been taking Rebif for 6 years now, so some of the side effects have toned down anyway, but aleve really helps. I do end up waking sometimes from hot flashes! but I can't blame rebif for that. Just age!

Comment

Do you still get a fever with Rebif? Only reason I ask is because I started getting high fevers after being on it for 2 1/2 years. When my fever would break, I would be so hot I was sweating.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I was on Rebif for 7 years. I constantly felt like my "thermostat" was set on high. It was not a flu-like fever from the shot......I was just very warm ALL the time. I rarely wore a jacket....even in the winter. At night, I slept only with a thin blanket, and usually with a fan on. My husband (more than once) accused me of trying to freeze him out of the bedroom. He slept under 3 blankets and with wool socks!

I've been off Rebif for 3 months and am once again experiencing the sensation of being chilled. I always though it was due to the Rebif, and now I'm positive it was.

Comment

Working...
        X